Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Favorite Top Ten Tuesday Topics From The Last Few Years
In honor of Top Ten Tuesday’s 5-year anniversary, we’re talking about our favorite topics from the last few years. It’s been so much fun participating every week, and I get to think about books in a different way because of it. It’s also fun to see what everyone else comes up with, and it’s made my TBR pile so much bigger! 3 years, and 164 top ten lists later, these are my favorite Top Ten Tuesday posts I’ve done.
- Top Ten Random Bookish Thoughts, written May 2015. This one was a freebie post, and it was fun to list some of the random bookish thoughts I’ve had.
- Top Ten Books For People Who Like The Iron Fey, Part One (written July 2012) and Part Two (written March 2015). Part One is my most popular post ever, and that inspired part two several years later.
- I love this post about my ten favorite bookish memories, originally written back in February 2013. It was fun to talk about some of my favorite memories when it comes to books.
- Ten Songs That Make Me Think Of Books was a freebie post (where we get to pick our own topic) that I wrote back in May 2014. I love listening to music when I read, and some songs make me think of books so much that I had to do a post about it.
- Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit, written in October 2014. Books make me want to travel, which is good since I can’t afford to right now (having enough time off is also important, so there’s no way traveling is going to happen any time soon).
- So, there’s my favorite books from the last 3 years (written March 2015), my top ten all-time favorite authors (written April 2014), and my top ten favorite books before I was a blogger (written April 2013). These 3 posts are grouped together because I feel like it shows how much my taste in books have changed since I started book blogging, and how that will continue to change in the years to come.
- Also, some of my favorite blogs that aren’t book related. That list has changed quite a bit since I originally wrote it back in May 2012, but it was still fun to write. Maybe I should do a more updated list.
- Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Being A Reader And A Book Blogger, written in February of 2014, probably has changed since then, but my life has changed a lot since I started book blogging.
- Top Ten Book Covers I Want As Art, originally written in May 2014. I don’t pay a lot of attention to covers, but sometimes, you can’t help but want some covers hanging up on the wall as art.
- Top Ten Gateway Books & Authors On My Reading Journey, originally written in April 2014. Some authors and books have been pivotal in my reading life, and that would not be the same if it weren’t for these books and authors.
And of course, some honorable mentions: the seasonal TBR posts (I’m mood reader and almost never follow through on them, but it’s still fun to write), the beginning/end of year stuff (it’s fun to look back and ahead), ten childhood favorites I’d want to revisit (I totally want to go back and read some the books of my childhood/teen years but it’s also scary because what if they don’t live up to how I remember them) and the characters I’d love to have at my lunch table.