Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger And A Reader
There are so many completely amazing things about being a reader and a book blogger. I could go on and on about why I love both, and I’m such a different reader now than I was when I first started posting book reviews a few years ago. It’s such a big part of my life and I can’t imagine life without it!
- I love being a book blogger because I feel like I’m better able to explain why I feel the way I do about the books I read. Before the blog, it was “I read this book and I felt this way,” and now it’s “I read this book and I feel this way because…” which is such a good thing, because I’m more aware of things I like and/or don’t like when it comes to reading.
- I also love being a book blogger because I feel like I’m better able to pick out books I like! Because I’m more aware of things I like (and don’t like), I feel like I’m better able to find interesting books.
- Being a book blogger has also given me a space to talk about what I’m reading. I probably could have combined this one with the first two, but I love that I have a part of the internet to talk about what I’m reading. My blog is also such a good record of how my tastes and habits have evolved! Who I am as a reader now is different than the reader I was when I first started a few years ago.
- Books make me think of my grandpa, who loved reading a lot. I totally get it from him.
- I love being a reader because there are so many different ways to access books. There are e-books and audio books and print and so many different places to get them. I think it’s pretty awesome that a book that doesn’t work for me in one format could totally be something I love if I switch to a different format.
- I love being a book blogger because of the community! I’ve found out about some awesome books because of other blogs, and I love that everyone does their own thing. Because it’s really cool to see how one book can have such different opinions. And that whatever your reading style is, you can find your people.
- I love being a reader because I can travel and learn things without having to go anywhere or go to school. Sure, actually going to London beats reading a book set in London, but I love that I can read away until that’s a possibility. And I love that I can read about Mary, Queen Of Scots (or whoever I’m currently interested in) and not have to go to school!
- I love being a reader because I want to forget real life for a little bit and because I want to be entertained. These are two HUGE reasons why I love to read. Sometimes, it’s nice to get lost in a completely different world and experience life through the eyes of someone completely different than me. And sometimes, I just need to be entertained by something.
- I love being a reader because it makes my work day go by a little faster. Listening to a book keeps me sane when I’m working…until I start laughing or crying hysterically and hope everyone else is too busy to pay attention to me.
- I love being a reader because I’ve found some awesome music! I love it when authors talk about what they listen to while they’re writing, and somehow, it makes reading that particular book so much better!