Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top 10 lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top 10 Tuesday’s here.
Top 10 Favorite Bookish Memories
This was such a fun list to work on, because I love to read, and I have some great memories of books and reading. I can’t wait to make more bookish memories, but for now, here are my 10 favorite memories!
- My memories of my grandpa taking me to the library when I was growing up. I remember him reading all the time when I was little, and my love of reading comes from him.
- Reading Harry Potter for the first time. This is easily one of my (many) favorite memories involving Harry Potter. Reading the series is magical, but nothing replaces reading Sorcerer’s Stone for the very first time. Reading hasn’t been the same since then.
- Reading Jane Austen for the first time. Her books are the first classics I picked up on my own, and I was surprised to find I actually liked them. Even when I don’t like the very few classics I pick up, I’m definitely inspired to read them because of Jane Austen!
- Okay…The Casual Vacancy! One of the few books I’ve been excited about before it came out (since the end of HP…that I can actually remember). Plus, it’s her first book post-HP, and I really liked it. Check out my review here.
- The Hunger Games. I read my fair share of YA back in 2011, but The Hunger Games is one of the ones that really got me into YA. And I remember reading them and NEEDING to read the next one right away.
- Another Harry Potter bookish memory: getting Deathly Hallows at midnight and then stay up all night to read it! I am so glad I got to go to a midnight release party, and even though I was exhausted at work the next day, it was totally worth it…even when I was trying to not spoil it for anyone!
- Rediscovering the library. There was this weird period in time where I wasn’t really buying books and I certainly wasn’t checking books out from the library. But I started going to the library again a couple years ago, and I’m glad I’ve rediscovered the wonders of the library. Even though I pretty much stick to the digital library and the Nook store these days, I am determined to check out more books from the library! There’s something magical about wandering the aisles and randomly picking up books because of the title or the cover.
- All the times I’ve curled up with a great book. Sometimes, I just need to crawl into bed with some coffee or hot chocolate and some snacks and just read for hours.
- The moment I realized I wanted to be a book blogger! It took almost two years of book blogging to actually realize that was the direction I wanted to go in, at least where blogging goes. Talking about the books I’m reading has been so much fun. Also fun? Reading other blogs and constantly finding new books to read!
- The Darwin Elevator! I’m super-excited and super-happy that my friend Jason’s book is coming out July 30. Seriously, I AM JUST SO EXCITED! Like, happy dance excited!