Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors
I don’t know why, but I was expecting this topic to be really hard! I have a lot of favorite books, but authors? I felt like I’d have a hard time coming up with 10 but it was a lot easier than I thought!
- J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter changed my life. I’m just going to leave it at that.
- Jane Austen. Sometimes, I feel like liking Jane Austen is a cliche but she’s the first classic author I picked up on my own, and actually liked. Pride And Prejudice, Sense And Sensibility and Emma are my favorites.
- Alison Weir. I will read anything she writes. I have a bunch of her books on the Tudors, and I like how detail oriented she is with her research.
- Gail Carriger. If I need some fun, funny paranormal steampunk, I read her. Whether it’s the Parasol Protectorate or Finishing School, sometimes you need steampunk in your life. And she’s just as funny in person! I’m super-glad I went to a book signing she had for Prudence.
- Jessi Kirby. I feel so much when I read her books, and they’re so real. In Honor, Golden and Moonglass are amazing.
- Julie Kagawa. I LOVE her Iron Fey series and her Blood Of Eden series is pretty awesome. I’m not sure about her Talon series, but I love her enough to give it a chance.
- Laurie Halse Anderson. She can do no wrong, and her characters are so easy to relate to and sympathize with. I can’t help but love Speak, Wintergirls and The Impossible Knife Of Memory.
- Rachel Caine. I love everything that’s she written…that I’ve read, and Morganville Vampires and Weather Wardens are totally awesome, and it makes me excited to read Prince Of Shadows and her Revivalist series.
- Maria Snyder. I will read anything she writes, and while I don’t read a lot of fantasy, I will read her books! I do have a soft spot for her Study series and her Glass series.
- Rachel Hawkins. Her books are fun and funny and sometimes you need something like that in your life. Hex Hall was so much fun!