Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Favorite Books From The Last 3 Years
I’ve been meaning to update my favorite books list for ages now, and I never seem to get around to it. This list is a great way to get myself to actually do it, because I’ve read a lot of great books over the last few years. Narrowing down a list of 30 books since I’ve started blogging down to 12 was hard, but here they are, in no particular order.
- Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine. It’s one of my favorites to read and re-read, and it’s such a fun vampire series.
- The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa. I just love the Never-Never and the whole idea of faeries who are pretty chill with iron.
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. This series definitely pokes at the paranormal genre a little, and Evie is a pretty awesome character.
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. This whole series makes me feel so nostalgic, and it makes me miss summer vacation.
- Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I couldn’t help but swoon and squee over this book.
- Reason To Breathe by Rebecca Donovan. So much crying! But Emma is such a strong character, and I really felt for her. Her story is definitely hard to forget.
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. I related so much to Lennie and how she dealt with the sudden loss of her sister.
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. I love that angels have a purpose in this series, and Hand really created a memorable and vivid angel mythology.
- Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker. Kacey is such a strong character, and has been through so much, and her story has still stuck with me, even though it’s been almost a couple of years since I’ve read the book.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I love this book so much and it reminds me so much of my life as a Harry Potter fan.
- Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. I love this book as much as I love Anna And The French Kiss, and I loved Isla and Josh and how intense their relationship was.
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown. Hate List is an intense, emotional book and unsettling, but such a great read.