Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit
One of my favorite things about reading is that it lets me travel without leaving the comfort of home. Granted, reading isn’t the same as actually going places, but books makes me want to travel to both fictional places and real places (and reading will just have to do until I can afford to travel).
- Hogwarts. I am still waiting for my letter to Hogwarts. Who wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts or the wizarding world?
- Narnia. As a kid, I would hide in the closet in hopes that I’d be transported to Narnia. Narnia sounds amazing.
- Middle Earth. I’m not a big fan of the Lord Of The Rings (but I will admit that I LOVE the movies) and yet I still find myself wanting to visit Middle Earth.
- Candyfreak by Steve Almond did make me want to visit all of the candy factories he mentions in the book.
- Paris. All because of Anna And The French Kiss. This book makes me want to go to Paris so bad.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern makes me wish such a circus existed because I would to LOVE to visit a circus like this.
- India sounds like an interesting but bustling place because of Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.
- England…I can’t pick just one book that makes me want to go there, because there are so many! I think it’s all of the books I’ve read about the Tudors…
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han makes me want to visit a place like Cousins Beach and spend the entire summer there.
- New Orleans is a place I want to visit, notably because of the Arelia LaRue series and Out Of The Easy by Ruta Sepetys.