I know I can’t be the only one who is completely horrible at following through on New Years Resolutions, and given it’s the end of the year, I thought I’d take a look back and see how many of them I followed through on (and how well I followed through). Yesterday’s Top Ten Tuesday post made me want to revisit the ones I made back in January, so I went back to the Top Ten Tuesday post I did earlier in the year for the 2014 resolutions I made.
- Re-read more. I don’t keep track of what I re-read, but I know I did some. Maybe I need to keep track of what I re-read and when I re-read it so I have a better idea of how much I’m re-reading and what I’m re-reading. Still, I did it to some unknown degree, so that’s good.
- Read what I have. I actually did pretty good with it. I bought quite a few books and read those, of course, but I did make more of an effort to read what I have.
- Listen to more audio books. I read less audio books than I did last year. I have so many that I need to listen to. I really need to listen to more books.
- Feel less self-conscious about book-related things. I’m pretty I’m more self-conscious about some of my reading habits.
- Stay on top of behind-the-scenes book blogging stuff. I succeeded in varying degrees. It comes and goes, but I’m also okay with not putting pressure on myself to stay on top of things at all times.
- Write reviews as soon as possible after finishing the book. I stuck to this for the most part, but it was pretty hard when I was going through that reading slump.
- Comment more on blogs. I started off fairly well with this, but then…I just kind of stopped.
- Adding in more personal posts. I have my monthly recap posts, and sometimes I do a movie review or some other bookish but not book review post. I actually did pretty well with it. Well, better than I expected.
- I totally suck at exercising. I had periods where I kept up with it, but what I really need to do is keep track of it, because that’s when I actually seem to do better with it.
- Trying new things with crochet. I started a blanket that I still need to finish, but at least I started a big project. I’m really proud of the Princess Anna hat I made for Halloween, and I also made fingerless gloves which is also something I don’t normally make. And I made a capelet! I also learned how to do foundation single crochet and the ripple/chevron stitch, and I really want to learn how to do more things, and make different things, because there are so many awesome things to make.
Of course, I did better with some things than with others, but I did accomplish some of what I wanted to do this year. Hopefully, next year, I’ll have better luck.
Happy new year!