Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top 10 lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all top 10 Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
I’ve read a lot of books over the last year, and there are definitely a lot of things I really want to do as far as reading is concerned. It’s amazing what sort of goals you can come up with after reading a lot more than I ever expected in the last couple years.
- Re-read books. I have 2 bookshelves full of a lot of books…most of which I haven’t read since high school or college. So re-reading would be good.
- Vary my reading choices more. I love YA, I really do. But there was a point a few months ago, when I felt a little bit burnt out on YA. Hopefully, varying my reading material will help out with that. Plus, it’s just weird that I’m sticking to YA, when I know I’ll like at least some of the books aimed at adults.
- Plan out what I’m reading…at least a little. I just randomly pick stuff, and it works pretty well, but I’d like to have an idea of what I’m reading. I’m thinking a monthly list of potential books, and going off of that whenever possible.
- Work on getting series read. I
readstart so many series, so I really need to work on finishing series that I’m reading. Maybe I need to prioritize them by assigning them a rank, based on how much I like them. You know, read the ones I love right away, and go down that list.
- I’m good at buying books, but I’m terrible at reading them, especially right away. I have a few classics in paperback that I’ve had for a good 4-ish years, and have never read. So, read the stuff I buy would be a good goal.
- Buy less books, and use the library more. I go through these weird cycles where I buy a ton of books, but don’t use the library. Or I use the library a ton but don’t really buy anything. I definitely need to balance buying books, borrowing them, and re-reading them.
- Comment more on the blogs I read. Seriously, I’m great at reading blog posts, but horrible at commenting. There are so many times I’ve wanted to comment, and didn’t, so this year, I will most certainly be commenting on stuff!
- Listen to more audiobooks. I really like them, and I have an audible account, so I really should take advantage of that.
- Use more cookbooks! I have a few, and I don’t use them nearly enough. They are sitting there, collecting dust, and that needs to be rectified immediately. Plus, I’ve been eating like crap for months now, so if I actually use my cookbooks, I’ll be eating better.
- Read more classics. There are a bunch of books I was never required to read in high school. I kind of feel like I’m missing out on something by having not read these books. Plus, I definitely appreciate them more, even if I don’t like them. And…there’s just something different about reading them because I WANT to read them, instead of reading them because I HAVE to read them.
What are everyone’s bookish goals for the year?