Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over are invited to share their own Top Ten List based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014
I can’t believe we’re a week into the new year already! We could do bookish or non-bookish, and it somehow seems appropriate to do a combination of the two, since there’s a lot I want to do this year!
- Re-read more. I had this as a goal for 2013, and was good about re-reading books I’ve read since I started blogging back in 2011. But I didn’t re-read any of the print books I have, which was my original goal. Still, I do want to re-read more this year, because it’s so easy to get caught up in catching up on the new releases.
- Read what I have. With my Nook, it’s super-easy to buy books, and then never read them, so I really want to read the books I have. At least some of them. And as a side note, I would like to be a little pickier with the ARC’s I request from netgalley, because it’s super-easy to request books, which leads to requesting too many, and that leads to me feeling overwhelmed by ARC’s. Basically, I need to pay attention to what I have, and actually reading them.
- Listen to more audiobooks. I’m not the best at actually listening to the books I get through audible, and while I did get a little better with it last year, I really need to go on an audiobook binge this year. Because they are pretty awesome, and they keep me from going slightly insane during the day.
- There are quite a few book-related things that I feel self-conscious about, and I really want to work on that, because I don’t like it, and it makes reading not-so-fun. I’m hoping to actually talk about some of them this year, so hopefully, that’ll help a little.
The Book Blog-ish:
- Stay on top of behind-the-scenes blogging stuff. Because being behind on stuff is not fun, and it makes my life easier when I stay on top of things.
- Writing reviews as soon as I can after finishing the book. There were points where I got behind on reviews because I didn’t write them right away, and that made reviewing a little more difficult because certain things weren’t fresh in my mind. Writing shorter reviews every once in a while helps…and the possibility of not writing a review every once in a while could be an option this year.
- Comment more on posts/be a part of the book blogging community. I really want to comment more and be a little more involved in the book blogging community, so I will do this!
- I want to do add in some personal stuff. Like, I do book reviews (obviously) and the Top Top Tuesdays and the Gilmore Girls recaps, but I also want to add in some here’s what I’m up to/currently obsessed with-type posts. Because I used to them, and now I can’t remember the last time I did one, and since I miss doing them, I think it’s time to start doing that again. At least every once in a while.
- Exercise! I had a bit of a reality check a couple months ago, when I had a physical for work and…and weighed more than I ever expected. I’m so out of shape that I can only handle 5 or 10 minutes at a time, so baby steps for now! Also: if anyone feels the need to ask me how exercising is going…that’s okay, because I might need someone annoying me with questions about how it’s going.
- Try new things with crochet. I’ve moved past the scarves and coasters part of crochet, but sometimes, patterns scare me. When I try them anyway, they aren’t as hard as they originally seem, and limiting myself because patterns look scary is stupid.