Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Goals For 2015
I can’t believe it’s almost 2015 already! It went by really fast, and it’s weird to think that I’m setting new goals for myself. There are so many things I want to do next year, and here are some of them.
- Read More Diversely. This is my top priority this year in terms of reading. I really need to get of my reading comfort zone a little, and read all kinds of books by and about all kinds of people. I am going to consciously choose a few books a month about a character or written by an author that is not like me- whether it is race, religion, or sexual orientation (or any number of ways, but those 3 are the first 3 that come to mind) I NEED to do this. Recommendations would be helpful, if you have them.
- Also: buy less books and read more of what I have. I don’t know how well it will work, but I know for sure that my audible credits are going towards reading more diversely, since the other formats I own tend to be not-so-diverse.
- Feel less reading guilt. The guilt I feel in terms of so many things really takes over sometimes, and I need to be not-so-hard on myself.
- Comment more on blogs. I know I said this last year, and I started off great, before getting completely derailed. I so need to start commenting on blogs again.
- Work on world-building/characters and maybe an outline for last year’s NaNoWriMo novel. Last year, I realized I really wanted to re-write it (as I was writing it), because I couldn’t work on the world-building ahead of time for the life of me. I have a much better idea of where I want things to go now that I’ve written a first draft, so working on that should be a lot easier now.
- Learn how to do an adjustable ring. MY LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER IF I COULD ACTUALLY DO THIS. Do you have any idea how many projects I avoid because I don’t know how to do it? You probably don’t, but it’s quite a few.
- I also want to learn how to do new stitches this year. I really need to try different ones just to change things up. Still, I did do a little bit better since I tried a few new things. Like starting a blanket, and learning the ripple/chevron stitch. And I learned how to do foundation single crochet! The learning new crochet things will continue next year.
- Exercise. Everyone’s favorite cliche for resolutions. I had random periods of doing it, but that went out the window when I sprained my ankle. Actually, it did way before that, but do you want to know when I actually felt motivated to exercise? When I couldn’t because of my ankle. Now that it’s better, I will (hopefully) do this!
- Use the nail polish I have! I have a ton of nail polish, mostly because I have the Julep subscription box, and I get nail polish every month (well, every month I don’t skip). On the plus side, I tend to not buy nail polish at Target or wherever, because I have a lot. I really want to wear a different color every week, because I have so many colors I don’t even wear (or wear once or twice, and then I’m done).
- Drink more water. I don’t drink a lot of water- I drink things like tea and juice and soda and coffee, so I want to start adding in some water.
- I see all of these great craft ideas on pinterest, and I never do any of them. I want to start making some of them.