It’s definitely time for another round of around the internet. It’s been a hard few weeks in the world, and I don’t know what to say. There’s a lot I need to do to both educate myself and be a more active supporter of #blacklivesmatter. Being passive is no longer enough, and we all need to be better and do better. I hope you find what you need below. Learn, take the time to listen, and stand up for those need it.
- What it means to be the mother of a black teenage son.
- Jazz and the 1960’s Civil Rights Movement.
- Don’t forget about Breonna Taylor.
- Protests in photographs.
- Murals of George Floyd.
- How artists are a part of social change.
- Protests in 1968 and Protests Now.
- Fulton Street Books In Tulsa, Oklahoma has an Ally box.
- Black-Owned Restaurants|Resources For Funding Social Justice+Book Recommendations|Bookshop.org’s Antiracist reading list|17 YA Books By Black Authors To Read
- I love King Arthur Flour, and I loved this inside look as they deal with the pandemic.
- Photography Corner: Aerial photographs of farmland|Real Life Renderings Of Houses From The Sims|Women posing by their TV’s|Mosaic Stairways In San Francisco|Life In The ’40’s and ’50’s
- This house looks pretty cool. It makes me want to take a trip somewhere when I’m able to.
- Related: This guest house looks amazing!
- I loved these flower flashes.
- On a flowery side note, I also loved these botanic illustrations.
- If you’re looking for something creative to do, this list has some great ideas!
- Related: Here are some books to check out if you want a new hobby.
- Here’s what happens when you eat like a Gilmore Girl for a week.
- Do you like cozying up to a book with some sort of really awesome drink? One of these subscription boxes might be for you.
- I liked reading about why we see the same fairy tales be retold over and over.
- Here are some ways to tackle what you’re feeling.
- This is a great interview with Neal Shusterman.
- I clearly need to have a more bookish wardrobe.
Have a good day,