Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Five Books I Want To Read This Spring
Lately, I’ve been in a weird reading funk where I want to read but don’t have the energy to focus on anything. I’ve been reading, of course, but I just don’t have much energy to do anything except watch t.v. Still, there are a few books I want to read this spring!
- Adaptation by Malinda Lo. Partly because it’s the first selection for a new book club but I also really want to read more Malinda Lo after reading Huntress a while back. It also seems right up my alley.
- Disappear Home by Laura Hurwitz. I was definitely intrigued by Disappear Home when I saw it on netgalley, because stories about escaping from communes and cults always intrigue me.
- Down From The Mountain by Elizabeth Fixmer. I requested Down From The Mountain for the same reasons I requested Disappear Home, so I’m hoping I like both books!
- The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma. This seems like a very interesting ghost story! While I’m not the biggest fan of the big picture being slowly revealed, I still really want to know about the mysteries connecting the two girls.
- Prudence by Gail Carriger. I’m super-excited about this one! It’s her new book and it’s set in the same world as her Parasol Protectorate series and her Finishing School series. (And I’ll totally be talking about the book signing/launch party for the book that I’m going to tonight, which makes me even more excited!)
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over are invited to share their own Top Ten List based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books On My Winter To-Read List
So, I kind of suck following through on my seasonal to-read lists, but I’m still hoping that this list will motivate me to work on my TBR pile. I’m pretty sure that quite a few of these are repeats from previous seasonal lists, and I’m pretty sure I’ll keep talking about how I need to read them…until I actually manage to read them, of course. Here’s hoping that I manage to read some awesome books over the next few months.
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I keep telling myself I’m going to read it, and yet I manage to never do it. I really need to get to it soon.
- The Rules For Disappearing by Ashley Elston. I’ve been meaning to read this one for a while, but I keep getting distracted by other books.
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. Because it was on my fall to-read list, and I never read so, so maybe I’ll manage it this time around.
- Between Shades Of Grey by Ruta Sepetys. Becasue I’ve heard really good things about it, and it looks like something I’d like.
- Working Stiff by Rachel Caine. Because it’s the only series of hers I haven’t read.
- Touch Of Power by Maria V. Snyder. I’ve read all of her other series, so I should probably start reading this one.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I can’t remember if this was on my fall to-read list or not, but either way, I really need to read it. And not just because the movie is coming out…but that is a contributing factor.
- Eleanor And Park by Rainbow Rowell. Because I need to know why people love this book so much.
- Splintered by A.J. Howard. I keep telling myself I’m going to read it someday, now I just need to do!
- Code Name Verity. I feel like this one made my last seasonal to-read list, and naturally, I haven’t read it yet. I really just need to sit down and read it.