The Hunger Games soundtrack came out last week, so I thought I’d review it. I’ll talking about each song on the soundtrack, so let’s get started!
- Abraham’s Daughter by Arcade Fire: This goes so well with the movie, and I think it’s a good choice for the soundtrack. Not only that, but it’s a great song to start off the soundtrack.
- Tomorrow Will Be Kinder by The Secret Sisters: This is a pretty good song, and it’s very folksy. I have an inkling that “this is a good fit for The Hunger Games” will become overused in this post.
- Nothing To Remember by Neko Case: I like it. That is all.
- Safe And Sound by Taylor Swift (and featuring The Civil Wars): This is the 1st Taylor Swift song on the soundtrack, and it fits The Hunger Games so well. The video is also very haunting.
- The Ruler And The Killer by Kid Cudi: This is an interesting choice for the soundtrack, but at the same time…I think it’s another good choice.
- Dark Days by Punch Brothers: I love this song, and I think it’s one of my new favorites!
- One Engine by The Decemberists: This is another song that fits the soundtrack very well. It’s a great song, and it makes me think of Katniss heading off to the Games.
- Daughter’s Lament by The Carolina Chocolate Drops: Can I just say that I love the name of the band? Because I do. As for the song, it’s another good choice. It makes me think of Katniss hunting in the woods.
- Kingdom Come by The Civil Wars: I am not surprised to see the Civil Wars on The Hunger Games soundtrack. They are such a good fit, and it’s surprising they only get one song…2 if you count the one with Taylor Swift.
- Take The Heartland by Glen Hansard: This is yet another good choice. I really like that there’s a good mix of songs, and this one is no exception to that.
- Come Away To The Water (featuring Rozzi Crane) by Maroon 5: I think I was most suprised by the inclusion of Maroon 5. If there’s anyone who doesn’t fit (at first glance), it’s them. But I was pleasantly surprised, and it was a pretty good choice.
- Run Daddy Run (featuring the Pistol Annies) by Miranda Lambert: I love that Miranda Lambert is on the soundtrack! And I love that she’s singing this song.
- Rules by Jaymee Dee: I like it. And it is a very good fit for The Hunger Games. I like that it’s on the soundtrack, because it makes me think of Katniss hunting…again. But I think it also says a lot about Katniss and Peeta rebelling against the Capitol.
- Eyes Open by Taylor Swift: The second of 2 Taylor Swift songs, and it’s another good choice. It’s a wonderful song, and I think it sums up the entire series perfectly.
- Lover Is Childlike by The Low Anthem: This is another interesting choice for the soundtrack. I think it might be my least favorite song, but it is a good song for the soundtrack. It makes me think of the end of the book.
- Just A Game by Birdy: And the last song on the soundtrack! It’s a great choice for the soundtrack, and especially as the last song. The music was a little overpowering, but overall, I like this song!
I was surprised by some of the huge names on the soundtrack. I figured most, if not all, of the songs would be done by artists no one has heard of.
Overall, it’s really good. I feel like all of the songs (and artists) were carefully selected for the soundtrack. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give it a 5!