It’s hard to believe that 2020 is over. So far, it’s been the longest and shortest month, and January isn’t even over! On the plus side, it’s not 2020 anymore, and I’m finding a lot of really cool things to share with all of you. As usual, take a look at the links below, and hopefully, you’ll find something that you really like!
- A few weeks into 2021, and it’s been a hard year. The New York Times has a great article about everything that has led to what happened at the Capitol.
- As someone who LOVES cookbooks, I loved this post about cookbooks.
- Now I want to have a reading corner!
- Speaking of reading: 200 Years Of African-American Literature|20 Mexican History Books|I need to read James Baldwin|Finding Fairies sounds right up my alley!
- Do you love reading? Do you love Gilmore Girls? This is the reading list for you!
- Photo Corner: A beautiful tiger mural|Tides On The English Coastline|Photos from the riot at the capital|People who work the night shift|Well-timed Street Photography|Envelopes As Works Of Art|Snow In L.A. in the 1940’s|Ice Bubbles In Japan|The Oldest Known Photo Of A Presidential Inauguration
- This week in I can’t believe I’m linking to this: Storing your stand mixer attachments in the bowl of your stand mixer is a great idea. I am genuinely surprised that people don’t do this and need to hear it.
- These pictures of Disneyland from when it opened are really cool! It’s so familiar, and yet, so different.
- The colosseum is getting a retractable floor!
- Need a digital break? Here’s how!
- Why writers write: 33 authors on why they write.
- I swear, the internet was made for cats. Neighbors became pen pals because of a cat!
- This water tower is beautiful!
- It’s time to go live in a cabin.
- President Biden’s dogs have a website and social media!
- Is anyone else preordering Amanda Gorman’s books after seeing her at the inauguration? I know I am!
- On a related note: the Bernie memes have been so fun to see!
- I haven’t jumped on the weight blanket train, but I am intrigued by the idea of weighted pillows. These pillows are pretty cute.
- I didn’t know murmuration was a thing, but I think that’s what birds were doing outside my window a while back.
- Cats are so weird that some of them come with their own warnings!
That’s all for today, and I’ll be back soon!