Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2015
I can’t believe it’s December already! It’s definitely that time of year for looking back at 2015, and this list (all about my new favorite authors) is a good way to kick-off all of the end-of-year stuff I want to talk to about!
- Nnedi Okorafor. I’ve read a couple of her books (Akata Witch and Who Fears Death), and I can’t wait to read more books by her!
- Chimamanda Adichie. I read Purple Hibiscus, which I loved, and I got a couple of her other books from Audible to listen to (soon, I hope, because Purple Hibiscus was awesome).
- Andy Weir. The Martian was a lot of fun to listen to, and I hope anything else Weir writes will be just as fun!
- Atia Habawi. I loved The Secret Sky, and I’m looking forward to see what else she writes!
- Anna Banks. Joyride was another book I loved, and I know she has some other books out that I want to check out.
- Nicola Yoon. I have super-mixed feelings about the end of Everything, Everything, but overall I felt for Maddy and her mom, and I liked it enough that I would read whatever Yoon writes next.
- I.W. Gregorio. None Of The Above is one of my favorite books I’ve read this year (most of the authors on today’s list have written some of my favorite books I’ve read this year), and I want another book from Gregorio.
- Malinda Lo. I’ve read several of her books, but I think Ash is my favorite of the 3 I’ve read. It’s such a great take on Cinderella.
- Stacey Lee. Under The Painted Sky was great (I really recommend it, especially if you like historical fiction), and I think she’s one of my new favorite authors.
- Sarah J. Maas. I really need to finish her Throne Of Glass series. And I need to read A Court Of Thorns And Roses.