Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I’ve Read This Year
I’ve read some great books this year! Granted, it’s sort of been an off-year for me reading-wise, particularly since mid-August, but I have read some amazing books this year.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer. I read it last month (and have sadly procrastinated with writing a review), but it was awesome, and I loved it and it was such a fantastic end to a really awesome series.
- Ash by Malinda Lo. It’s my favorite one of hers that I’ve read! If you love fairy tale re-tellings, I think you’ll love this book!
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie. I am so impressed with her ability to tell a story, and I can’t wait to read more of her!
- Breaker by Emma Raveling. It’s such a great end to the series, and I am so sad that this one is over.
- None Of The Above by I.W. Gregorio.
- Joyride by Anna Banks. I felt so much for Carly, and how hard she and her brother worked to bring her parents over to the U.S.
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor. I love the magic in this book, and differently awesome the magic and mythology is. Also, Sunny is such a great character.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I felt for Maddy, and everything that happened and all of the secrets she learned, but it is a great book, and still one of my favorites, even if I have mixed feelings about the ending.
- How To Say Goodbye In Robot by Natalie Standiford. This book was everything I wanted from Eleanor & Park, and I just loved Jonah and Bea and the radio show they call into every night.
- The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. I am astounded that the family of someone whose cells contributed so much to science can’t get decent medical insurance. Really, this book has astounded me in so many ways.
The Books That Were Awesome, But Didn’t Quite Make The List: Under The Painted Sky by Stacey Lee, The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa, Prudence by Gail Carriger, Ink And Bone by Rachel Caine, Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abel-Fattah, Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas and The Truth About Air & Water by Katherine Owen
9 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I’ve Read This Year”
I LOVED Everything, Everything!
My TTT! 😀
Thanks! Everything, Everything was a great book!
Nice list of books!!
Here’s a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-i.html
I need to get my hands on None of the Above.
None Of The Above is fantastic!
I’m worried about reading #8. On the fence because of everyone’s reviews. New Bloglovin follower!
I think if I hadn’t read an advanced copy of it, I might have been on the fence too.
Pingback: Currently Obsessed With: Wrapping Up 2015 | Reading Books With Coffee