Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Bookish Halloween Costumes
Halloween is such a fun holiday! Dressing up is always fun, and books are a great source of inspiration for Halloween costumes. Harry Potter is a good inspiration, and while I could do an entire list based off of Harry Potter alone, I won’t because there are some other characters I want to dress up as!
- Luna. I dressed up as Luna when I went to a Harry Potter party a few months, and it was fun, because really, you just need a quirky, colorful outfit and accessories, and some Spectrespecs.
- The Golden Snitch. This would be fun to do! Lots of gold, and I’m sure Etsy has a ton of Snitch-themed jewelry.
- The Sorting Hat. I’m not quite sure how you’d dress up as a sorting hat, other than wearing one, but still. It would be fun, especially in putting it together.
- Rita Skeeter. Dressing up as her would be so much fun!
- Hagrid. It would be fun, and if I did it, it has the potential to be absolutely hysterical because I’m 4’10. Still, I kind of want to dress up as Hagrid at some point.
- One of the Avicen from The Girl At Midnight. Putting together a feathered costume would be fun.
- Lola from Lola And The Boy Next Door. I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned her before, but considering she wears some interesting outfits, you could have a lot of fun with it.
- A ballerina. I’ve read a couple of ballet-themed books this year, and I would love to dress up as a ballerina.
- Something inspired by a Gail Carriger book. I haven’t worn anything steam-punk inspired, but her books really make me want to wear something steampunk!
- I have yet to read the Night Vale book, but Night Vale costumes are so much fun to do. I’m dressing up as Cecil this year, and even though my costume is pretty simple, I had a lot of fun putting it together. Like, HP, I could probably do an entire list around Night Vale.