Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Book-Related Problems I Have
I could go on and on about all of the book related problems I have, including the ones I didn’t realize I had until I started this blog, whether it’s fun/silly or serious, I have them.
- Buying books and not reading them. I am horrible with this, and I really need to start reading the books I have, instead of buying them all the time.
- Book-related guilt/shame. So many things! Liking certain books, not liking certain books, reading too much or not fast enough…I could go on and on about it, but it’s annoying and I don’t like it one bit.
- Reading anywhere between 4-6 books at any given time. Usually this isn’t a problem, because I kind of have issues where I cannot focus on 1 or 2 books for the life of me. Sometimes, it would be nice to focus my attention on a couple of books instead of bouncing between a few of them.
- There are so many cute book-inspired things on Etsy, and I wish I could have all of them.
- Series. Sometimes, it’s hard to remember what’s going on, especially since I read so many series. If I don’t re-read, I won’t remember what’s going on, and I won’t like the book as much, but I don’t always want to re-read the book for a refresher.
- Also finishing series- I’m good at starting them, but I’m terrible at finishing them. Which probably accounts for why I have trouble remembering what happened.
- Buying print books without thinking about where to put them. Space is at a premium, and while I would love to have more print, it’s also something I really have to limit, so I really need to be better with thinking about each print purchase more carefully. On the plus side, if I ever have more room for print one day, at least I know what books to buy! In the meantime, my e-reader is a huge life-saver.
- Wishing I had time to read all of the things. I know I will never be able to read everything I want to read, and I think that may partly explain #3. Also why I need to start listening to all of the audio-books I get through Audible.
- Being a mood reader can be awesome, but sometimes, it’s not so awesome. Sometimes, I can’t just pick up a book and read it. As much as I want to, and think I am not a mood reader, I really am.
- An ever-growing TBR list. This goes well with some of the other things on my list, but it’s huge! I totally admit to going through it every once in a while and weeding out the books that no longer sound interesting. Only to add more books, of course. But still, I need to do this more often.