Currently Obsessed With is a once-a-month feature (sometimes more) where I talk about my favorite things and what’s been going on the last month.
I can’t believe November is over already! It was definitely eventful, with both NaNoWriMo going on, and with a sprained ankle that happened early in November. Seriously, I fell down and hurt myself, but it’s a lot better. I’m finally walking without an ankle brace (well, mostly) and I wrote 50,000 words this month.
I decided to skip the November Maven box. I wasn’t super into the colors, and the ones I was kind of interested in were way too similar to other colors I already have. I did get a glitter-y top coat from Sephora, which I did over black. It has this really cool paint-splattered effect, and it looked really pretty on top of the black, but it was super-hard to remove. Glitter polish always is, but this is seriously the hardest removal ever. It took me a good hour of soaking my nails in nail polish remover for it to even sort of start coming off, so if I wear it again, I’ll probably do it as an accent nail.
I also got another Urban Decay eye shadow, this time in Bordello. I like that with Urban Decay, you can create your own eye shadow palattes and switch out the colors. I have no idea if you can do this with other brands, but it’s nice to be able to create your own, with colors I know I’ll wear, instead of one where I use 1 or 2 and ignore the other ones.
I’ve been working on a couple of scarves for Christmas presents- one for a Secret Santa, and the other is from someone at work who wanted a scarf for his wife for a Christmas present. I found this awesome chevron scarf pattern that I really like, and I totally want to make another one already. And I’m also using this super-simple infinity scarf pattern. I’m also working on a super-secret Christmas present that I’ll share next month. Oh, I’m also crocheting a Viking helmet that is currently on hold, because of the other stuff I’m crocheting. It’ll be awesome, because 1, it’s a Viking helmet, and 2- it’s bright green. You can’t go wrong with that combination!
I also got a huge bag full of yarn! Someone at work found some yarn that belonged to her grandma, and she was nice enough to give it to me. I think I might have a project or two in mind…it’s time to pick up amigurumi!
I only got School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins. It’s a Hex Hall spin-off that I’ve been wanting to read for a while. Although…it’s been a while since I’ve listened to an audio book, so it may be time to start getting back into them.
I’ve finished season 4 of Blue Bloods, but I am also too lazy to hunt down season 5. I also started watching The 100 (finally!) and I really like it. I’ve also been watching Pretty Little Liars, which I actually like a lot better than the books (at least, the first 10, because I really didn’t care after the 10th one to keep going). It’s so addictive, and I wish the books had that quality- if only the books didn’t feel so repetitive.
Around The Internet:
So many things!
- Like this Ode to Harry Potter. Story of my life.
- These food and life hacks are absolutely hysterical.
- As much as I love books and reading, old book smell doesn’t do it for me.
- The Atlantic has an article about why you should finish books. I can’t sum up my feelings in a sentence or two about not finishing books. Also, this post on finishing books and this one on not finishing books. Just rock whatever works for you.
- Something about this article this post over at the New York Times doesn’t sit right with me. I mean, I get where she’s coming from, but the library is awesome because there are so many different resources there.
- This post about writing in books is interesting. I only do it with non-fiction, because I feel like I learn more and more sticks with me when I do. I especially like writing in cookbooks and crochet books.
- Yes to #4, 31, 32, 33 and a MAJOR yes to #21. This list of 33 thoughts on reading is a big win.
- I want to make this cranberry cider punch.
- Dear Author is pretty awesome. I love this post about gauging other romance readers, this post about an afternoon at Harlequin was super-interesting, and this post about “safe” books was also really interesting.
- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books is also awesome, and this review of The Billionaire Dinosaur Forced Me Gay was really amusing. I am so not a fan of the title, and this doesn’t seem like my kind of book…and yet there is a part of me that really wants to read it, for some bizarre reason.
- One woman set up a living room in a library to write her NaNo novel. It’s cool she did this, but I disagree that there’s something wring with writing alone. I love write-ins and bouncing ideas off of other people, but if there are people who want to write alone, that’s cool. So is writing publicly like she is.
I am sharing the playlist I created for NaNo this year! Except for Blank Space by Taylor Swift, because her music is no longer on Spotify. And a few other songs I couldn’t find on Spotify. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Currently Obsessed With: I Survived November!”
Hex Hall has been on my TBR for ever!
Cora @ Tea Party Princess
Hex Hall is great! I hope you get to it soon!