Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Series I Keep Meaning To Read But Still Haven’t
I can’t remember the last time I did a Top Ten Tuesday, but this topic seems like a good one to do! I could go on forever about the books I want to read and never get around to actually reading, but these are the series I want to read but never do.
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. I’ve been meaning to read this book for ages, but I never get around to it. One day. That’s what I keep telling myself, anyway.
- Flame In The Mist by Renee Ahdieh. I have this book sitting on my desk, and I just got it from the library a few days ago. I don’t know if I’ll end up switching to the audio book- I might, because I loved the audio for the Wrath And The Dawn, and now I associate her books with listening, but I’ll try it and see.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. I have this book, and it’s sitting on my shelf…I just haven’t read it yet. Maybe this summer I’ll read it?
- Lumberjanes. I heard about this comic ages ago, and heard really good things about it, but I keep forgetting to get a copy so I can actually read it.
- Anathema by K.A. Tucker. I loved her Ten Tiny Breaths series, and I want to read this one. I have the e-book, but the narrator for the audio books is one of my favorite narrators, so I’m considering trying the audio book.
- The Pennyroyal Green series by Julie Ann Long. I have a bunch of the books in this series, but I never seem to be in the mood for romance.
- The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I’ve had this on my TBR for YEARS. I wish I were kidding, but I’m not. One day, I will get to it.
- The Reader by Traci Chee. I started it, but couldn’t get into it, and I was really close to putting it in the DNF pile. But then I decided to give the audio book a try, which I will do one of these days, because I am not ready to give up on this book yet.
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel. I got a few pages into the print version and knew that reading would drive me crazy because of the interview type format. However, I think it’ll work really well as an audio book, so I’ll probably listen to it at some point.
- Sorcerer To The Crown by Zen Cho. This book sounds pretty cool, and I can’t wait to read it. Especially since I have a copy on my shelf.
15 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Series I Still Haven’t Read Even Though I Keep Telling Myself I Will Read Them”
I downloaded Sorcerer To The Crown a few months ago but also haven’t read it yet. Seeing it listed here has reminded me about it. Oooh…and I really need to get a copy of Flame In The Mist. Great book choices for this week!
I think I might pick up at least one of them soon, because the stack of library books on my desk isn’t appealing to me at the moment. Except for a couple, so maybe I’ll start with those.
Saaaame with Truthwitch and The Flame in the Mist omg
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer has been sitting on my shelves for years! And I really want to read the Flame in the Mist, as well as the Sleeping Giants! As for Windwitch, I unfortunately wasn’t enjoying it and had to DNF it! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Elena @ Book Lady’s Reviews
I hope you have a wonderful week too! I hope you get to Mara Dyer, Sleeping Giants and Flame In The Mist Soon!
I have a copy of the Orphan Queen too that I still have not read and same with Mara Dyer, ahh. I’ve heard so many good things. Hopefully we get to these books ASAP!
I hope we get to them soon too! I’ve heard a lot of good things about both, and I’m really curious about why people really love them.
I started Flame In The Mist but I couldn’t get through it. I also still need to read Truthwitch and The Reader.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/
I have the feeling I may switch to the audio book for Flame In The Mist, but we’ll see once I actually start reading it. Hopefully we’ll get to Truthwitch and The Reader soon!
I read “Truthwitch” and “The Orphan Queen,” and from what I remember, I liked both fine. The genre isn’t one I’m “strong” in (meaning I haven’t read much fantasy) so I don’t have a lot to compare them to. Hope you enjoy both!
Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.
Can you consider adding ‘What If I Go?’ to your list? It has this latest review. Free PDF for a reader available…
Thanks so much, Polly
I’ll definitely take a look!
Of course I’m happy to supply a free PDF and appreciate your kind consideration.
Oh my gosh, Mara Dyer has been on my list forever! I agree with you…someday 🙂 Great list – hope you get to read some of them soon!