Currently Obsessed With is a once-a-month (but sometimes more) feature where I talk about my favorite things from the last month.
November was a busy month! There was definitely a lot going on, so let’s get started!
Not much happened with crochet! I participated in NaNoWriMo, and a lot of my usual crocheting time was taken up by writing. I did crochet a little, mostly when I needed to recharge and take a break but still do something creative. Now that NaNo is over, I’ll definitely be picking up my yarn and hooks!
I most definitely did not buy any books last month- in fact, I barely read during the month of November. I haven’t even figured out what audio book to get with my Audible credit.
This I actually did! I watched the new Gilmore Girls episodes on Netflix, which I talked about here. I do have a couple more posts about the new episodes in the works that will have a lot more spoilers. They should be coming out in the next week or so.
I also watched Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them! I’ve been looking forward to it, and I really liked it. I wasn’t sure what to expect, because this is the first time we get a Harry Potter/Wizarding World movie…with no idea what’s going to happen! Eddie Redmayne was such a good choice for Newt, and I was reminded of Luna, Hagrid and Neville. I think he’d get along with the three of them really well, and I can’t wait to see the other movies. I just realized I never did a post about it! I’m not sure if I’ll do a post about it, but I might.
Around The Internet:
I meant to link to this before, but here are 5 good reasons to add translated books to your TBR.
I tend to stay away from New Adult books, and this list of patterns is a big reason why I stay away from the genre. I like the idea of it, but it tends to be not what I’m looking for. Which I know is unfair, but maybe in the future I’ll read more of it.
I am a proud Hufflepuff, and I just love seeing posts like this one. Embrace your inner Hufflepuff!
Time recently selected the 100 most influential photos, and they’re fascinating to look at! A lot of the images are very familiar, but the stories behind them aren’t as familiar. You can explore them via Time, but if you want a straight list, then Bored Panda is your best bet.
- Fantastic Beasts, which I mentioned! I think I might do a movie review post after thinking about it for a few seconds.
- Gilmore Girls, which I also just mentioned.
- Thanksgiving! It was a good day, and there was the Macy’s Parade and food, and it was nice to see my family.
- NaNoWriMo. I wrote 55,000 words last month, which means I won for the 11th year in a row. I’m not even going to attempt counting novels, since there were quite a few years where I did multiple novels. I talked about it here, here, here and here. I have one last post planned for NaNo updates, and then I’m pretty much done talking about it until next year.
Things Happening In December:
- Christmas! I’m excited about Christmas, and I think it’ll be fun. The shopping won’t be, since I have to go into stores, and this is my least favorite time to go shopping. But I can’t avoid it, since I (unfortunately) can’t get everything online. Maybe I just need to plan better and do all of the in-store stuff before Thanksgiving.
- Getting back to reading, crocheting, and blogging. They all took a hit last month, and it’ll be nice to do those things again. I do want to keep writing the story I was working on, so that may or may not continue. We’ll see after taking a small break.
I was going to do a playlist of the music I listened to last month when I was writing, but I just feel lazy right now. I’ll try to share something fun next month.
Have a great weekend!