Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Movies To Watch October And Christmas
From October all the way to Christmas, there are so many movies I love to watch that are only on this time of year! These are my top ten movies I have to watch during the fall/winter
- Hocus Pocus! I love Hocus Pocus, and it’s so fun to watch in October!
- Basically anything by Tim Burton. His movies are the perfect Halloween movies.
- It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I watch this every single year. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. It’s definitely one of my favorites!
- The Nightmare Before Christmas. I know it’s Tim Burton, and I know I said I love to watch his movies in October, but this is the only one I love to watch at Christmas. Because it is not a Halloween movie. I repeat IT IS NOT A HALLOWEEN MOVIE. That is all.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas. This is another one I watch every single year. I have a soft spot for the Peanuts specials.
- All of the stop-motion Christmas movies. Especially Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- Home Alone. I just love Home Alone!
- A Christmas Story. How can you not watch this every year? It’s on the t.v. all the time!
- Love Actually. I think this is the only time of year I actually watch Love Actually.
- Harry Potter. Because I always associate Harry Potter with winter.
15 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday Movie Freebie: Top Ten Holiday Movies”
I always associate Harry Potter with winter too, it is a great series of books/movies to cosy up with while snow is falling. A Christmas Story is great too — I double dog dare you not to enjoy it!
A Christmas Story is an easy movie to enjoy, but I do know a couple of people who haven’t seen it, and that surprises me considering how much it airs during December!
I watch Love Actually every December, and on Xmas Eve as much as possible!
Here’s my TTT: https://4thhouseontheleft.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/top-ten-tuesday-top-movies-for-quirky-people/
Christmas Eve or Christmas Day is the best time to watch Love Actually, but I’ll definitely watch it at least once or twice in December!
Great choices, now my 10-year-old self is begging me to binge-watch these films this week! :’D
Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday if you want to check it out: https://thehogsmeadereader.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/top-ten-book-to-film-adaptations-for-your-cold-heart/
I’m definitely going to have to watch half of my list soon!
Every year I get mocked for watching Love Actually 😀 I just love all the cameos and interconnecting stories and somehow it just makes me ‘feel’ like Christmas.
My TTT for this week
I love how the stories connect, and it definitely feels like Christmas when I watch it!
Yay for Christmas movies, and I absolutely love all of your selections! Especially Charlie Brown Christmas – the piano songs from that movie are totally my Christmas jams. As soon as I hear them I get that warm and cozy Christmas feeling : )
It’s not Christmas until I watch Charlie Brown Christmas!
I always watch Harry Potter nearing Christmas too! I mean I watch it at all times of year, but I make a special effort to watch it near Christmas.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/top-ten-tuesday-83/
Same here! I don’t know why I make more of an effort during Christmas, but I always do.
It just feels very Christmassy for some reason!
My favorite Christmas movie EVER is Elf with Will Ferrell! It’s so funny, I probably watched it about fifteen times last year. The Nightmare Before Christmas is another favorite of mine though! Tim Burton is amazing, though. I love the Corpse Bride as well, hence why I dressed up as her for Halloween. 😉
I think a Tim Burton character might be my next Halloween costume. Elf is a good one, and if I did all Christmas movies, I think it would end up on my list!