Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh
I really like it when books make me laugh! (I also like books that make me cry, but this is not that post). Here are 10 books that made me laugh- or at least giggle, just a little!
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. This book is hysterically funny- I LOVED the audio book, and it works so well as an audio book.
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. Evie is fun, and she definitely made me laugh more than a few times.
- Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine. I definitely laughed quite a few times, usually whenever Myrnin popped up.
- Basically anything by Gail Carriger. Her books make me laugh. Alexia is really funny, and I couldn’t help but laugh at a lot of her lines.
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. There are a lot of funny moments, and Sophie is pretty sarcastic, which I love.
- Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. When I read romance, it’s usually historical romance, but this book somehow came up in a comment on a blog post (I wish I could remember which one now), and it was absolutely hysterical because Caroline was just flat-out funny.
- Welcome To Night Vale. I giggled more than a few times, mostly because I could picture everything so well when I was listening to it. And at the random references to the podcast.
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Yes, it made me cry, but it also made me laugh!
- The Martian by Andy Weir. The Martian had a lot of really funny moments, and while I was listening to it, it made my commute a lot more fun.
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. It has the same snark/sense of humor that Hex Hall has, and it definitely made me laugh!
10 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh”
ahh I should’ve put rebel belle on my list, I honestly forgot how funny it is! The Sky is Everywhere sticks in my mind as something bittersweet, but I do remember chuckling during it as well 🙂 great list!
here’s my TTT!
The Sky Is Everywhere is definitely bittersweet, but I loved the funny moments in it a lot!
I have a feeling that The Martian made a lot of lists today but I haven’t read any of the others so thanks for the recs!
Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature
I did see the Martian on quite a few lists, which didn’t surprise me at all. I hope you like the rest of the books on my list!
Glad to see “Paranormalcy” and “Hex Hall” on your list! Both are books I’m anxious to read. 🙂 Also, “Rebel Belle” does have a great sense of humor.
Hex Hall and Paranormalcy are two of my favorite series! Actually, all of Rachel Hawkins books have a great sense of humor.
I’m definitely going to have to check out The Martian and Rebel Belle now after seeing them on so many lists this week! My TTT
I wasn’t at all surprised that The Martian was on so many lists this week, it had a lot of funny moments. Rebel Belle is also a lot of fun, and they’re both great books!
Great list! I love Gail Carriger. Her characters are so much fun! Wallbanger is on my list and I can’t wait to read it.
Wallbanger was hysterical! I couldn’t stop laughing! Gail Carriger writes really fun characters!