Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh
I really like it when books make me laugh! (I also like books that make me cry, but this is not that post). Here are 10 books that made me laugh- or at least giggle, just a little!
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. This book is hysterically funny- I LOVED the audio book, and it works so well as an audio book.
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. Evie is fun, and she definitely made me laugh more than a few times.
- Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine. I definitely laughed quite a few times, usually whenever Myrnin popped up.
- Basically anything by Gail Carriger. Her books make me laugh. Alexia is really funny, and I couldn’t help but laugh at a lot of her lines.
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. There are a lot of funny moments, and Sophie is pretty sarcastic, which I love.
- Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. When I read romance, it’s usually historical romance, but this book somehow came up in a comment on a blog post (I wish I could remember which one now), and it was absolutely hysterical because Caroline was just flat-out funny.
- Welcome To Night Vale. I giggled more than a few times, mostly because I could picture everything so well when I was listening to it. And at the random references to the podcast.
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Yes, it made me cry, but it also made me laugh!
- The Martian by Andy Weir. The Martian had a lot of really funny moments, and while I was listening to it, it made my commute a lot more fun.
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. It has the same snark/sense of humor that Hex Hall has, and it definitely made me laugh!