Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR
It feels like I’m always finding new books to add to a really long TBR pile, and these 10 are most recent books I’ve added to the list things I hope to read someday. All links go to goodreads!
- Walk On Earth A Stranger by Rae Carson. I’ve heard a lot about this book- some good, some bad- but I still want to read it because I’m really curious.
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. I was in the mood for some audio books, and thought this one looked cute and different, so I checked it out of the library, and I’ll start listening to it once I’m done with the one I’m currently listening to.
- The Witches: Salem, 1692 by Stacy Schiff. I was at Barnes And Noble recently, and was in the mood for something that was non-fiction and history. I picked this one up since I don’t know a lot about the Salem Witch Trials.
- Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne Valente. This seems like a different take on Snow White- it’s a Western, and you don’t really see that in YA. Well, I haven’t, but it’s enough to get my attention.
- In Real Life by Jessica Love. Going on a road trip to meet someone you’ve only talked to online, only to discover they have some secrets…I don’t know why, but it seems like a book I’d like.
- The Steep And Thorny Way by Cat Winters. I’m not a big fan of Shakespeare, but I love re-tellings, and this Hamlet re-telling set in 1920’s Oregon sounds really good!
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova. A powerful witch trying to get rid of her magic, but instead making her family vanish sounds really different but also interesting.
- Outrun The Moon by Stacey Lee. Under The Painted Sky was in the running for my top ten favorite books from 2015, and I’ve been looking forward to reading her next book. I can’t wait until it comes out!
- The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey. I can’t wait to read this one. I liked The Girl At Midnight, and I’m curious to see where things go.
- A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly. This one has comparisons to The Night Circus, which I loved, so I’m really interested to see how/why A Criminal Magic got that comparison. Any book where there’s an amendment making magic illegal has my attention!
8 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR”
I can definitely recommend A Criminal Magic. I read it at the beginning of the year and absolutely loved it. I think it is a stand-alone, but it left me wanting more!
That makes me more excited to read it!
Oh I’m definitely going to have to look up A Criminal Magic! I don’t think I have heard of that one. I tried the Witches – fascinating but SO LONG. I need to try it again because I have heard such good things.
A Criminal Magic sounds like such a cool book. I’m definitely excited about it!
I just finished Walk on Earth a Stranger and it was surprisingly good. I’d say read that one first!
That’s good to know! I’ll definitely have to read it soon!
I am really looking forward to The Shadow Hour! I loved The Girl at Midnight and can’t wait to see what happens next. I just added A Criminal Magic to my TBR, it sounds really good!
Stephanie @ My Bookish Itinerary
I’m glad I’m not the only one looking forward to The Shadow Hour!