Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Characters Who Are Book Nerds
As much as I love reading, I don’t pay a lot of attention to how bookish characters are. It was easy first (I just had to get the obvious ones out of the way) and it did get a little harder, but I managed to come up with more than I thought.
- Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. She wrote Carry On, and really, it’s a book about the life of a major book nerd. It’s one of the first characters I thought of.
- Hermione. No list about book nerds is complete unless Hermione is on it.
- Darcy Patel from Afterworlds by Scott Patel. She’s a YA writer, who’s actually writing a novel that’s told alongside Darcy’s story. It’s a pretty cool story-within-a-story.
- Calaena from Throne Of Glass by Sara J Maas. I just think it’s cool that she’s an assassin who likes to read.
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. There’s time travel in order to save Jane Eyre (the book) from being destroyed. It’s a fun book, but I think it’s probably best appreciated by English majors.
- Marion from Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. She’s a pretty awesome librarian.
- Shenandoah from The Trial Of Dr Kate by Michael Glasscock. This book is part of a series (each one is a stand alone, so you can read them in any order), and I really liked it because I liked how Shenandoah (a reporter covering the trial) intersected with Dr Kate’s trial.
- The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler. The Bookstore is about Esme, who works at a bookstore called The Owl. The Owl stands out the most, and it seems like quite the bookstore. If it were real, I’d go there.
- Mia from The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. Because of the diary writing. And I think I heard something about an actual book written by the fictional Mia, which totally makes her bookish.
- Kyra from The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams. Books saved her life- her secret trips to the Bookmobile got her reading, and out of the isolated community she lived in.
12 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Characters Who Are Book Nerds”
Ouu I forgot about Mia! Good choice! I haven’t read the book yet though. (Hopefully for the Booktube-a-thon though!) Great list!
Check out my TTT!
I hope you get to read The Princess Diaries, and I hope you really like it!
Great list! I’m actually really interested in Cath from Fangirl now, she sounds pretty awesome! The Bookstore sounds pretty cool too 😀 I’ll have to give them a look.
Have a great day,
Fangirl is such an awesome book! And The Owl/some of the regulars were my favorite parts of the book!
Ooh, a few books on here I’ll have to check out – I always love a bookish character’s story!
Bookish characters have really interesting stories!
Seeing Calaena on so many of these lists is a amazing. Makes me all the more aware how badly I need to start this series. 🙂 Oh, and I do think Movie Mia is a terrific character, too. Those films were pretty much my “go-to” movies in my teens. Someday, I might have to at least, read the newest book in the series. Sounds cute! 🙂
Thanks so much for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon.
It is cool to see Calaena on so many lists! The Princess Diaries movies were a lot of fun to watch!
I didn’t even think of Mia! You’re right, she definitely qualifies thanks to the diary writing. Great choice!
She definitely works for a list like this!