Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far This Year
This is a fun one! I’ve definitely read some great books this year, and if the books I read in the second half of the year are as good as some of the ones I’ve read so far, it’s going to be really hard to pick just 10 for a favorite books of the year post. These are my favorites so far.
- Ash by Melinda Lo. Of the books I’ve read by her, this is one my favorite, and it’s such an awesome take on Cinderella.
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie. I am so looking forward to reading her other books after reading this one. She can tell a story!
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor. I loved the magic and Sunny is such a great character.
- Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah. Amal is someone I’d definitely want to be friends with, and I wanted to come to her defense so much.
- Prudence by Gail Carriger. Her books are always so much to read, and Prudence was no exception!
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein. I liked it so much better than Code Name Verity, and it’s such a heart-breaking story.
- Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas. I can’t believe it took me so long to read this one! And I’ve heard such good things about A Court Of Thorns And Roses that I’m going to have keep reading, and soon!
- Breaker by Emma Raveling. This is such a heart-breaking but good end to one of my favorite series. I’m really sad this series is over, but also glad I read the book.
- The Truth About Air & Water by Katherine Owen. Tally and Lincoln’s story is far from over, and I really need another book to see how things turn out for them.
- Prisoner Of Night And Fog by Anne Blankman. I feel like this one is different than a lot of other WWII books out there, in that it actually takes place before WWII, and it’s about someone who’s family was in Hitler’s inner circle.