Currently Obsessed With is a monthly (but sometimes more) feature where I talk about my favorite things and what’s going on in my life.
Tomorrow is Christmas! I love Christmas, and thought I’d share some of my favorite Christmas things- movies and music, mostly, but a few other things too. It might not be snowy or rainy at Christmas where I live (it tends to be sunny on Christmas here in San Diego) but I still love how festive everything is, and I still manage to get into the Christmas spirit!
- A Charlie Brown Christmas is something I look forward to watching every year. Because it’s not Christmas without it. I’ll probably be saying that a lot in this post.
- Same thing with Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, and all of the other stop-motion movies that air every year. It’s not Christmas without them either!
- Love, Actually is one of my favorite Christmas movies ever. Seriously, it is. Two words: Alan Rickman.
- And we can’t forget about The Nightmare Before Christmas! I only watch it at Christmas, and not Halloween. I’ve tried, but for some reason, it’s not the same.
- I always associate this time of year with watching Harry Potter. I think it’s because for the longest time, the movies came out this time of year, and I don’t know why but Harry Potter is always something I really like watching (and reading) this time of year. Harry Potter is great any time of the year, but this time of year especially.
- Home Alone! I love Home Alone…and that reminds I have yet to watch it this holiday season.
I haven’t done any holiday baking this year, which is weird for me, but I really like all of the cookies and fun things that I seem to eat only during this time of year! Rum balls, fudge, sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, molasses cookies, peanut brittle, chocolate covered pretzels…they’re all so good! Trader Joe’s has this really good chocolate cheddar cheese that’s only available this time of year. I know it sounds totally bizarre, but it’s actually really good and not as weird or as horrible as it sounds. I love hot apple cider in the crockpot, and I’ve made it on Christmas the last few years. I’ve also made some sort of holiday punch the last few years too. I don’t know why I don’t make punch throughout the year. I really should start a Pinterest board for holiday treats.
An Assortment Of Christmas Randomness:
- Every Christmas, I wish I had more Christmas hats! I have a Santa Hat that I always seem to have to go looking for every year, but I really want to crochet a few different hats- I know there are elf hat patterns, and I am pretty sure that there are Santa hat patterns too. It was actually hard to find an elf hat crochet pattern for adults- I know that I could change up the pattern a bit to make it fit, but I am not confident in my ability to do that, or in my ability to come up with my own pattern for it. I could with so many different colors- red, white, green…I have some bright pink and bright green that aren’t Christmas-y, but would still be awesome for an elf hat.
- And speaking of crafts, there are a ton of Christmas crafts that would be so fun to make. I’ll have to do some Christmas crafting one of these days. Like, maybe I should find some I want to make, and if there’s something Christmas-y involved, get it after Christmas? Because that’s when it all goes on clearance.
- Christmas decorations! I love seeing how people decorate their houses. It’s so fun to just go out at night, drive around and see all of the lights. I really miss Candy Cane Lane, which was this one really cool neighborhood that went all out with Christmas decorations, but I think there’s a newer version (with a different name, of course). I may have to go see it one year.
I love Christmas music so, so much! Once Thanksgiving is done, it’s Christmas music almost all of the time. Christmas music is one of my favorite things about Christmas, and I really could listen to the same songs, done by different people. I love hearing how different artists do the songs, but I have a soft spot for the classic Christmas songs by Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra and anything from that time in music. I put together a small playlist of some of my favorites.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas & holiday season, no matter what holiday you celebrate!