Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over are invited to share their own Top Ten List based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I Read In 2013
I can’t believe 2013 is almost over! I’ve read so many good books this year, and these are the ten that stood out as the best of 2013.
- If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman. I find it so hard to see these books as individual books, but they go so well-together! The stories are completely amazing and heart-breaking and unforgettable.
- Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara. I loved this book so much! I was still crying a few minutes after finishing it, and there’s some very quiet and reflective and beautiful about this book.
- Out Of Breath by Rebecca Donovan. I was so glad when Out Of Breath came out, because I really wanted to know what was going on in Emma’s life and if she got her happy ending. I got so invested in her story, and I’m glad she started to make peace with everything that happened in her life.
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. I related to Elise a lot, and I loved seeing Elise find a place where she belonged.
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand. I am such a fan of the Unearthly series, and Boundless was such an amazing end to the series. There was some crying involved and a bit of “oh my god, what just happened, that better be resolved” and said things were resolved to my satisfaction…and this is why I shouldn’t read in public…but Boundless is still one of the best books I’ve read all year.
- Mouse Guard: Fall 1152. This is such an adorable graphic novel, and I love the idea of sword-wielding mice in medieval Europe.
- This Much Is True by Katherine Owen. There was so much angst in this book I wasn’t sure if I was emotionally stable enough to handle it, and it’s quite the emotional roller-coaster, but it was so worth it, because I wanted things to go right for Tally and Lincoln.
- A World Away by Nancy Grossman. This is definitely one of my favorites from this year! I liked Eliza’s story, but what really made A World Away great was Jessica Lawshe, who narrated the audio book, and was completely amazing! I liked seeing Eliza in the non-Amish world, and Jessica Lawshe really brought her to life.
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I thought Allegiant was a really good ending to the series, and it’s one of my favorite books of the year. Mostly because of the last few chapters, which I thought were heart-breaking.
- Between Shades Of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. I can’t believe it took me so long to read this one, but I’m glad I finally did! It was such a great book, and definitely one of the best I’ve read!
And, of course, the books that came so close to making the top ten: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent, Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, and Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker.