Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over are invited to share their own top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A TV Show And/Or Movie
I love this topic, and with quite a few adaptations coming out- or ones that came out pretty recently- this feels like a pretty appropriate topic. And in a perfect world, these adaptations would be just how we wanted it! Apparently I’m in a t.v. sort of mood, because I kept thinking of books that would be perfect on t.v. (but there are a few books that would make great movies). One can only hope…
Books I Would Love To See As A T.V. Show:
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver. If I did my lists in order, this one would be at the top of the list…mostly because Delirium was going to be a tv show, and things fell through. Delirium really would be a great show to watch.
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. This series would be another great tv show, and there’s something about this story that would work really well on t.v.
- Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine would make another great t.v. show. I actually think this is being done a web series, but I want it on my t.v.! I’ve never seen Vampire Diaries, but I guess no one wants another vampire t.v. show or something.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass. Part of me really wants to see this series as a t.v show. I mean, it is a reality t.v. show, so it would be completely awesome to actually see it on t.v.
- The Arelia LaRue series by Kira Saito. This series feels pretty episodic, and I think that aspect of the series would translate really well to a t.v. show.
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. When I re-read Shantaram a year-and-a-half ago, I thought it would work much better on screen than as a book, and I think I’m going to have to change my initial thoughts from movie to a t.v. show, because it’s really long, and I don’t think a movie could completely capture the book (even in a perfect world).
- The Study Series and The Glass series by Maria V. Snyder. Since her Glass series is a spin-off of her Study series, it would be cool to see both series come together as one and how we get from the Study books to the Glass books.
Books I Would Love To See As A Movie:
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. I would love to see this as a movie. It would be absolutely hysterical, and I’d love to see all of the footnotes and commercials incorporated into the movie.
- His Fair Assassins Series by Robin LaFevers. I have no explanation for this one- I just think it would make a cool movie.
- Possess by Gretchen McNeil. This would make a great movie! It’s interesting and creepy and I could totally see it was a really cool horror movie.