Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over are invited to share their own top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings In Books
This is a cool topic! There are some great beginnings, and also some great endings…but apparently, how books end are much more memorable, as there’s only one beginning that stands out. And…I apparently cry at endings a lot. There were a couple where I couldn’t remember if I cried at the end, but I think it’s safe to assume that I cried at the end.
- Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone: Such a memorable opening paragraph! This one was the first one that came to mind, and it’s such a great start to a completely awesome series.
And The Endings That Are Just As Awesome:
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver: I have mixed feelings about Requiem, but the last few paragraphs were so beautiful that I was crying at the end.
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: I almost put this one on my favorite beginnings lists, but I had a change of heart. Besides, I love the ending much more: “I do, Augustus. I do.” Totally trying to not cry just thinking about it.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman: It’s totally another book where I found myself crying at the end.
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown: Another one that came to mind automatically. Five minutes after finishing Hate List, I was still crying on the couch.
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: I’m having trouble deciding which line I like better: “I’ve had enough trouble for a lifetime” or “The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” Both lines are equally memorable…you know what? I’m going with both! Rest of the epilogue aside, it’s a pretty memorable ending.
- The Breathing Series by Rebecca Donovan: I honestly can’t pick between the 3 books! Reason To Breathe had an ending that had me looking at my Nook in a moment of WTF…which led to immediately buy and start reading Barely Breathing so I could know what happened. And that ending led me to anxiously waiting for Out Of Breath, which is, overall, a great ending to this series.
- With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent: Overall, it’s a great ending to the series…but it was the last few pages that did me in. it was bittersweet, but everyone got their happily ever after, so all ended well.
- Beautiful, Dark And Deep by Amy McNamara: I was still crying a few minutes after finishing it, Such a beautiful ending.
- Destined by Aprilynne Pike: Because David’s letter is the end of the book for me, and it’s absolutely beautiful. It should be no surprise that I was crying a little at the end…
- Bonus pick: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa: Because I love Meghan and Ash and how he sacrificed his immortality for Meghan. And that makes The Iron Knight the perfect ending to The Iron Fey series.