Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Favorite Books So Far In 2013
I totally love this topic! It’s a pretty good recap of my year (in terms of reading), and it was a lot easier to come up with ten than I was expecting. I have to say that I’m looking forward to coming up with a favorite books of the year list at the end of the year to see how the list has changed. Until then, enjoy my favorites over the last 6 months!
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. I feel like I’ve been talking about Beauty Queens a lot lately, but it’s definitely one of my favorites. I loved the commercials and footnotes scattered throughout the book, and it’s really rare for me to laugh hysterically the entire time I’m reading (or listening, as was the case with this one) something.
- If I Stay by Gayle Foreman. If I Stay was really emotional and my heart broke for Mia. I was fighting back the tears at the end, but it was totally worth listening to!
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. I totally loved this Little Red Riding Hood re-telling, and how Scarlet’s story worked so well with Cinder’s.
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand. Boundless…I was sad to see this series end but it ended on such a great note. I’m glad things turned out the way I was hoping they would.
- Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols. I could relate to Leah in so many ways, and I loved that flying was her safe haven and that she had Mr. Hall as someone who actually seemed to care about her.
- Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LaFleur. What makes Love, Aubrey one of my favorite books so far is the relationship Aubrey has with her grandma.
- A World Away by Nancy Grossman. What really made A World Away amazing was the narrator. Jessica Lawshe…she did such an amazing job I’d listen to anything she narrates. Eliza and her experiences came to life and I loved seeing her experience things for the first time.
- That Time I Joined The Circus by J.J. Howard. This is one of two books where I specifically mentioned that it was one of my favorites of the year. I loved the circus setting, and Lexi figuring out who she is.
- Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara. This one is the only one that I said was a favorite so far. Lovely, Dark And Deep was so freaking beautiful and honest and heart-breaking and one of the few books that where I was still crying a good 5 minutes after finishing it.
- Where She Went by Gayle Foreman. The 2nd Gayle Foreman book on the list! It’s just as emotional as If I Stay, but in a completely different way. I loved seeing Adam narrate and the songs at the beginning of each chapter were a great part of the book.