Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, people from all over are invited to share their own Top 10 lists based on the bookish topic of the week. You can find all Top 10 Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Pick Up/Buy A Book
I love this topic because there are books I pick up just because they’re about a certain topic. Here are the 10 things that make me pick up a book and buy it!
- Fairies. I totally love fairies, and if there’s a fairy involved, I totally want to read it.
- Magic/Witches. This one is mostly because of Harry Potter, which has sparked me needing to pick up a book with magic and witches in it.
- Performing arts. Mostly because of Take A Bow, which I loved. Seriously, if a character is a singer or actor, I’m all over it. I have no idea why I love it but I do!
- Tudor England. It’s one of my favorite time periods EVER, so if I see anything relating to this time, I’m likely to pick it up.
- Baking! I love to bake, which makes my now infrequent baking sort of sad. But I ALWAYS need to check out the cookbooks whenever I go to Barnes And Noble.
- Summer. There’s something fun about novels set in summer. Summer is a great season. It’s, like, the best season ever, so if I see summer anywhere on the cover or the summary, I’m probably going to buy it without hesitation.
- Road Trip! Like summer, there’s something fun about road trip novels. Especially if they take place in summer, but anytime they happen is great. I don’t know what my fascination is with road trip novels, but I think it’s the adventure and randomness that comes along with a road trip.
- Boarding schools in foreign countries. Harry Potter is pretty awesome, and Anna And The French Kiss is so adorable! I probably could have separated the two, and I like both on their own, but the two make a great combination.
- Problem novels/Books that deal with the tough stuff. I don’t read them often, but every once in a while, I need such a book. For some reason, I find it comforting. Because I’m just weird like that.
- Paranormal Romance. I like the paranormal and I like romance, but when you put them together…I’m a happy camper, so why not combine the two?