Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the fabulous folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top 10 lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top 10 Tuesdays here.
Top 10 YA Paranormal Characters
This week we get to pick our favorite characters from the genre of our choosing! If I had to pick a favorite genre in YA, I think it be paranormal. It’s nothing against the other genres, because I like them too. I just really love anything paranormal!
- Zara from Need. This is one of my favorite series, and I love how protective Zara is of her friends and family. Plus, I love the randomness is each book- whether she’s putting together a pixie survival guide or reciting her fears when she’s freaked out…I just love her and her quirks.
- Laurel from Wings. Wings is another favorite series, and she’s another great character. I love how plant-like she is, and how much she loves fruit! Anyone who loves sunshine is awesome in my book.
- Evie from Paranormalcy. No list would be complete without Evie! I know I’ve said this, like 50 million times already, but any character who kicks ass while wearing pink and sparkles is completely and totally awesome.
- Meghan from The Iron Fey series. Another favorite series, and Meghan’s a pretty cool character. I love seeing how she goes from regular girl to ruler of the Iron Fey.
- Cassiel from The Outcast Season. One, she’s a former dijinn. Two, she’s now in a human body. And three, she’s such a cool character who’s still adjusting to life in a human body who’s trying to save not only humanity but the world. And she’s pretty bad-ass.
- Anna from Sweet Evil. Anna’s an interesting character, and overall, I really liked her innocence and how good she was. But I also like that there’s this dark side to her, which we don’t really see in Sweet Evil. I’m curious about her dark side, which may (and probably will) come out at some point during this series.
- Clara from Unearthly. I love Clara, and after reading Boundless, I think I love her even more. She’s a great character, and I loved seeing her figure out her purpose in life.
- Myrnin from The Morganville Vampires. I am a HUGE Rachel Caine fan, so it’s not surprising that two characters from two different series have ended up on my list (Cassiel is the other character). He’s Myrnin- bizarre, funny and interesting. I always look forward to seeing what he’s going to do next, because he has this mad scientist thing going on. Add in the fact that he’s a vampire and several hundred years old, and you have this really unpredictable character!
- Helen from Dreamless. I’m never sure where mythology and fairy tale re-tellings fall, in terms of genre and whatnot but Dreamless is sort of paranormal-ish, so I’m so including Helen on this weeks list! I’m not sure what it is about Helen, but I just really like her.
- Kaylee from Soul Screamers. I love that she’s a bean sidhe (better known as a banshee). Seriously, it’s not something you see in a novel very often, and I love that she has to work with Nash. Their abilities work so well together, but I really love how Kaylee wants to help people and do some good in the world.