Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top 10 lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all top 10 Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Tuesday Freebie: 10 Books And Movies To Get Me Into The Christmas Spirit
I figured this would be a great post for today, so I’m sharing some books and movies that get me in the holiday spirit. I love this time of year because of all the movies and t.v. specials and books that put me in the Christmas spirit.
The Book Edition:
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. It doesn’t seem like Christmas without this one.
- The Night Before Christmas. This is a Christmas classic, and it really doesn’t seem like Christmas unless I read The Night Before Christmas.
- Harry Potter. Something about Harry puts me in the Christmas mood. Besides, you know Christmas at Hogwarts is totally amazing.
- The Polar Express. How can you not get into the Christmas spirit after reading this?
- The Gift Of The Magi. It’s definitely Christmas-y, and I haven’t read it since I had to read it in middle school. It’s a great story to read this time of year.
The Movie Edition:
- Home Alone. I just love Home Alone, and nothing says Christmas like Home Alone.
- Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer. This stop-motion movie is a Christmas classic, and you cannot convince me otherwise. It is not Christmas until I’ve watched this movie.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas. I love the holiday season because of the Charlie Brown movies! I love a Charlie Brown Christmas, and it’s so fun to watch.
- Love Actually. It’s one of my favorite Christmas movies EVER. And it has Alan Rickman!
- Miracle On 34th St. I know this is horrible but…I’ve never seen it! Every year I tell myself I’m going to watch it and then I never do. Still, it doesn’t seem like Christmas without it!
Happy holidays everyone!