Microsoft Word is evil! Evil, I tell you! Yesterday morning, I managed to write 800 words so, saved it on my flash drive, and when I went back to work on it later…the document was corrupted! It was really frustrating, but thankfully I backed up my novel to dropbox after I finished writing yesterday, so I only lost 800 words. I think I managed to cover most of what I wrote in the morning, and I’m pretty sure I forgot to throw in a few things. Besides, I got the important stuff back in there, so I think I’m good to go!
Let this be a lesson: always back up your work, because you never know when you might need that back-up copy. I’m definitely going to keep a text file saved, just in case. I’m pretty good about backing up my work, because if I ever lost any copies of my novels, I’d be so sad! And honestly, it worked out a lot better, because I got to expand on a couple of pretty important things. The re-write pretty much doubled what had I written in the morning, so that was awesome! Plus, I liked this version a lot better than the one I previously wrote.
I was on such a roll that I’m almost completely caught up! I’m glad because I can worry a little about getting to where I need to be. It is weird writing one novel, because it’s been a while since I’ve worked on one novel. It is a lot more relaxing, but at the same time, I really like having more than one thing to work on, which I do…it’s definitely interesting though.
So, my word count is 6412, which means that I just need to write an extra 256 words. So I should be able to catch up today, which makes me happy.