Book Talk is a sporadic feature where I talk about bookish but non-book review things.
So, I’ve been pretty busy with all of the review round-up posts, and for some reason, random bookish thoughts started popping into my head, so I figured I’d share them.
- Like, this book review round-up thing is working pretty well. My reading funk is better, and it’s (mostly) back to normal. I did try listening to an audio book, but I had trouble focusing on it, so I put it on hold, and I’ll get back to it when I’m able to focus on it, and follow the story. I may be doing them for a while, or I might not be. I really have no idea, but now that I’m all caught up on reviews, there won’t be as many of the round-ups.
- I recently read Fairest, the new Lunar Chronicles novella, and it got me thinking about novellas. I usually read them all after I finish a series. I have no idea why I read them after reading the series, but that really seems to be the best time for me. I don’t know that I have strong opinions either way, because I feel like I haven’t read enough of them to have strong feelings.
- I’m not bothered by movie adaptation covers. I get why people don’t like it, and that’s cool, but I don’t really care either way. Partly because of having an e-reader, and the cover isn’t super-important to me (but sometimes, I wish I had a print copy to really have the cover) and sometimes I just don’t care enough to pay attention to the cover.
- Even after several years of book blogging, I still know nothing about publishing houses or imprints, and I really want to learn more about them. It’s something I feel like I should know more about, but I don’t even know where to start.
- I will never understand e-book pricing, and why some go as high as $14…even $16/$17. I have no problem paying for e-books, but that’s definitely over what I’m willing to spend. I’m just really not understanding how it works. Like, at all. And it seems like no matter how much I read about it, it gets more and more confusing.
- I definitely need to be in the right mood for audio books. I tried listening to Ruby Red last week but I found myself zoning out a lot, which is never good when you’re trying to follow a story. Sometimes, the narrator doesn’t work for me, which is fine, because they might be totally awesome to someone else. What I do feel bad about is when I don’t like the narrator’s voice- I mean, it’s not their fault, and I feel bad about not liking their voice, but it’s such an important part of the book, you know?
- I’ve been reading quite a few e-books from the library, and I do not understand why I’ll be the 4th person waiting on 1 copy and get that way before the book where I’m 1st in line for 1 copy.
- I keep telling myself I’m going to actually get books from audio book sync but I always forget to do it. This year I will do it. And I should probably sign up for the reminder.
I know this is random and all over the place, but that’s kind of where my mind has been. I hope everyone had an awesome weekend, and a great week!