At some point last year, I got this journal called the 52 Lists Project. It seemed like a really fun and different way to journal- which I used to do almost every single day for years, before I slowly stopped. It’s organized by season, which also seems different. I’ll be interested to see if the topics are seasonal, or if it’s just a different way to organize it.
I know when I got it last year, I was going to jump right in, but for some reason, I decided to set it aside and wait until the new year to start it. I completely forgot about it until a couple of days ago, and thought that this would be a great time to do it.
I decided to share some of the things on the lists for Week 1 and Week 2. I don’t know if I’ll be sharing my list every single week, but I’m hoping to share my list most weeks.
List One: List Your Dreams And Goals For The Year
- Take up some new crafts- sewing in particular, because I want to be able to make my own clothes!
- Re-learn Spanish. Mostly because where I work, we have a lot of Spanish-speaking patients, and it would be nice if I actually be able to talk to them, instead of needing someone else to translate. I understand enough that I know what they need, but I wish I could speak it.
- I really want to go to the zoo this year! I haven’t been in a really long time, and I keep telling myself I’m going to go, but I never do.
- Take more photos
- Decide if I want to go back to school and what I want to go back for
List Two: List Your Favorite Characters From Books, Movies And T.V.
- Hermione and Luna, from Harry Potter
- Elizabeth Bennett from Pride And Prejudice
- Glenn from The Walking Dead
- Regina/The Evil Queen from Once Upon A Time
- Rose from Doctor Who
I also like that each list has a way to incorporate it into your life. List One, for example, has you coming up with the first step of achieving your biggest goal. And list two has you look to see if the characters have a common personality trait and to work towards a favorite character trait.
I don’t know if I’ll end up using that part, but it does seem like an interesting way to bring the lists to life, and incorporate them into your life.
That’s all for today! I’ll definitely be sharing other lists throughout the year.