I can’t believe we’re in April already! I also can’t believe we’ve been dealing with COVID for a year now. Where has the time gone? It’s been the longest but fastest year.
Here’s what March 2021 looked like. I have to say, it was a pretty good month. Busy, but good!
- Discussion posts. It’s random, but I’ve learned a lot from some of the discussion posts in my classes. Particularly my communications class, because we were encouraged to do interactive posters, slide shows and portfolios. I particularly liked Canva, and I’ve been playing around with it for random Instagram posts and blog graphics.
- The Unlisted. This show was creepy but in a good way. The government is trying to control all of the kids, some of whom are hiding, trying to stop different governments from controlling all of them.
- Invisible City. This was different! A murder investigation turns into a discovery that there’s this whole mythical world that we don’t notice. It
- Ginny & Georgia. If you like Gilmore Girls, this is the show for you! It has an interesting mother-daughter relationship, and I’d like to see what’s in store for both of them. I don’t know if there’s going to be a 2nd season, but I hope so!
- Zero Chill. There’s a lot of drama, but I really liked this one! I actually felt for Kayla, because her brother’s hockey career was way more important to the family, and it seemed like her ice-skating wasn’t as important.
- iZombie. I haven’t watched the final season, and decided to re-watch the show from the beginning as a refresher. It’s a fun show and it’s pretty entertaining.
- Audio books. I’ve been re-listening to some audio books. It’s nice, because I don’t have the energy to engage with something new, but I still want someone talking at me. It’s nice that I can have them on in the background and come into the story at random times.
- Quotes/Quote Notebook. Months and months ago, I started writing down quotes that I really liked in some of the books I was reading. I haven’t done it ages, mostly because I haven’t been reading a lot, but also because I haven’t really come across anything that I really wanted to write down. But I have pulled out this notebook for the first time in a while, and it’s nice to do it again!
- Organizing my desk at work. I moved to a different office at work a couple months ago, and then switched to the other desk when that opened up. I really need to get it organized because of the papers and forms I have. I know where stuff is, but I’d like it to be a little more organized.
- Making tea. That’s all I remember from this particular dream.
- Going to Disneyland. I’m really glad I went to Disneyland before it closed last year. Maybe I’ll make it back up there one day!
- In Defense Of Plants. I’ve heard the host on This Podcast Will Kill You a few times, but never listened to his podcast until recently. I’m glad I did. I’m not a gardener, but plants are cool, and I get to learn about them through this podcast!
- Periodic Talks. This is a new podcast, and I’m glad I listen! The hosts talk about different topics in the science world, like space and virtual reality.
- Conspirituality. It’s when right-wing conspiracy theories collide with the wellness world. The episodes are pretty long, usually about an hour and a half to two hours, so I tend to listen to a segment or two at a time. It’s different from what I usually listen to, but another one I’m glad I’m listening to.
- Gelada Monkeys. Admittedly, this is for a report I have to do for biological anthropology. But it was fun to research them, and I even made a trip to the zoo to see them.
Eating + Drinking:
- Tea. I love having a Sips By box, because of all of the teas I get to try!
- Coffee. Would you expect anything else from a blog called Reading Books With Coffee? I’ve been drinking a lot of coffee that I got from Bones Coffee Company. I don’t normally go for flavored coffee, but that’s a good portion of their selection. It is really good coffee, and I’m glad I gave them a try!
- Red beans and rice. It’s always a good choice, and I haven’t had it in a while.
- Oatmeal. I’ve been trying to be better about eating breakfast, and oatmeal was something I ate quite a bit last month.
- Getting through the time change. It was really hard this year, and I was exhausted for a week, no matter when I went to bed.
- Podcasts! I was in my office by myself for a couple of weeks and podcasts kept me company.
- I finished my communications class! It was an 8 week class, so it was short and fast-paced but also a lot of work. I did really well, though, and ended up with an A!
- I went to the zoo! Mostly to look at the gelada monkeys, since I wanted to see them in person. And I have a membership, so I thought I’d use it, especially because the zoo has been closed for a while. I was sore for two days, because of the hills, but I was glad I went. I felt pretty safe, since everyone was wearing masks, social distanced, and got screened before coming in. And I’m vaccinated, so that helped a lot.
- I did yoga! Not as much as I did in January and February, but it averaged out to a couple of times a week, so I’m at least sticking with my goal of doing yoga once a week.
- I received the Botanica Tarot! This was a Tarot deck I kick-started sometime last year, and it finally came. It’s really pretty, and all of the other things that came with it are really pretty as well. I would have been happy with just the deck, but it’s nice they were able to add in some nice extras!
That wraps up my monthly recap for March.