I haven’t done one of these in a while! But after an unexpected months long break from blogging, it’s time I dusted the cobwebs off of this tiny little corner of the internet I carved out for myself. School kept me busy, and with the craziness that was last year, I just lost interest in the things I really enjoy doing. But with a new year, I was ready to come back!
Here’s what happened last month.
- Yoga With Adriene: I love her videos, and last month, I did her 30 day yoga journey. I felt calm, relaxed and peaceful, and even though I struggled with some of the poses, I stuck with it. I don’t know that I’ll necessarily be doing yoga everyday, but I’ll definitely be doing it a few days a week. It’s amazing how much I hold my breath, and I’m glad I took the time to do something for myself. It was a great way to start off the year!
- My pantry/freezer: Honestly, I have so many random ingredients in my kitchen that I decided I needed to use what I could. It’s good to be back in the kitchen!
- Soul: I’ve been excited to watch this movie, and it was the perfect movie to start off my year!
- WandaVision: Okay, I wasn’t sure about this show, but it’s Marvel, and I was intrigued. The first couple of episodes were…different, but episodes 3 and 4 were really good. Like, really, really good. I think it just needed to a few episodes to get things going, but now that they are, I have lots of questions about what’s going on.
- Fate: The Jinx Saga: This was good! Listen, if there’s something I love, it’s fairies. And I love the idea of a magical boarding school for fairies, who have their own specialties and dramas that they’re dealing with.
- The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina: I decided to re-watch this from the beginning after watching a few minutes of the latest season. I’ll get there eventually, but I think I just needed to catch up before watching the new episodes.
- Cookbooks: And some other things, but I wanted to highlight cookbooks because I’ve been cooking up a storm.
- A new year. The weirdness of 2020 has continued into 2021 but that hasn’t stopped me from being glad 2020 is over. It’s like the new year was a reset button because I’m slowly making my way back to things I like doing.
- #FindThatLizard. This is one of my favorite things on Twitter, and most of the time, I cannot, for the life of me, find the lizard. But it’s still fun to try to find it, and see if I got it right!
- Classical covers of songs: I’ve always liked this genre, but after watching Bridgerton last year, and all of the classical covers they had, I’ve been listening to it a lot.
- Sea Shanties: Listening, it was an interesting month music wise. Who isn’t listening to sea shanties after seeing that TikTok video?
I’ve had some weird ones- my notes are short and vague, but I’ll make do with what I have.
- I had one where I was stuck in a place for a year and people were trying to leave and go to a different time period but they weren’t able to. People could go to different locations but not jump around in time. And there were rules to what people could do.
- I was also trying to hide something from everyone- magic, possibly. And the house I was in was really messy and there was a talking pet.
- Paint palettes. I’ve been taking a look to see what’s out there. For now, I have some palette paper that I got from Michael’s but I still have my eye on a few different palettes.
- Puzzle tables: I haven’t done a puzzle since I was a kid, but I have a puzzle that I want to make but no way to keep it from getting messed up. I got a puzzle mat so we’ll see how it goes.
Eating + Drinking:
- Chinese Food: I got some on New Year’s Eve, but ordered a bit more so I could have leftovers. It was really good!
- Tea: I’ve been drinking a lot of tea. It’s good, though coffee will always be favorite.
- Water: Because it’s good for you, and I get thirsty.
- Muffins: I’m not a big breakfast person, but lately, I’ve wanted something to eat in the mornings, and muffins are great because I can take some to work eat when I am hungry. I made these Chocolate Breakfast Muffins and some Basic Muffins, both from King Arthur.
- Overnight oats: I am a huge fan of oatmeal, but I love the idea of something I can just take with me and eat when I’m hungry. I’ve only made this recipe, from Cookie And Kate, but it’s really good, so I’ve stuck with it for the last couple of weeks.
- Yoga/Taking Time To Walk: I’ve already talked about yoga, at least a little, but I’m glad I started moving around a little bit more. I sit way too much and hopefully, I can keep the momentum going. During lunch, I usually take a 10 minute walk around my building, because I need to get outside. Being in a small windowless office means I get a little bit of cabin fever, and so I try to get outside for a few minutes every day.
- Meditating: Sometimes, I need to move around, but sometimes, I need to sit still. I’m not good at it, but I’m trying.
- I got my first COVID vaccine! This is a big one, but I’m very lucky that I was able to get it but also angry that other people are having the worst time getting it. My arm was hurting for a couple of days, but thankfully, that was the only side effect I had.
Most of my good things from last month are things I already talked about, but there are a couple of things I wanted to talk about here.
- I had a good break from school! I didn’t take any winter intersession classes, so I had about 6 weeks between fall and spring. The spring semester is going to be busy but I think I can manage it, and having a longer break gave my mind a much needed break.
- Reading again! I have random reading slumps, but none like this most recent one. It was well over a month without me reading something that wasn’t for school, and even longer between for blog posts. It was weird but I’m glad that I’m reading and blogging again because I’ve missed it.
That’s all for today, and I’ll be back later this week with another review!