Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Ten Books I Really Want To Read In 2018
I am really excited about all of the books coming out next year. 2018 looks like it’s going to be a good year for books, and here are 10 of the books I really want to read.
- Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones. I loved the first book, so I’m really looking forward to reading the sequel. I hope it lives up to the really high expectations I have for it.
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber. I really liked Caraval when I read it last year, and there are some things that I’m hoping are answered in this book.
- Smoke And Iron by Rachel Caine. If there’s one series I need to keep reading, it’s this one. This world scares me, and the Library Of Alexandria is absolutely terrifying, but that’s not going to stop me from reading this book when it comes out.
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner. This book seems cool! It’s about intercepting a message from an extinct group of aliens, and I’m very intrigued.
- Reign Of The Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh. The cover is haunting, and it seems like a pretty cool book. I mean, Necromancer’s are involved, and how can you not like that?
- American Panda by Gloria Chao. This book seems cute, though the cover seems very inspired by When Dimple Met Rishi. I think we have the new trend in YA covers. Back to American Panda, though. It seems right up my alley since it’s about a girl who connects with her brother and is also trying to live up to the expectations that her parents have set for her.
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland. I feel like I’ve been hearing a lot about this book, and it doesn’t even come out until next year! Just reading the blurb, it seems like Pride And Prejudice And Zombies meets Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter meets YA. It sounds really cool, though, and I can’t wait to read it!
- Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed. I’m excited about this one as well, and I’m looking forward to this debut novel about a teen who has to deal with Islamaphobia. I love Randa Abdel-Fattah, and this book seems like a great read-alike for fans of her books.
- Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi. When I heard there was going to be another book in this series, I got so excited, because it means we get more of Juliette and what she’s been up to. I can’t wait to read it!
- Bright We Burn by Kiersten White. I’ve loved this series, and I need to know what’s going on with Lada. Right now will be preferable, but I suppose I can wait if I absolutely have to.
And the honorable mentions, of course, because there are some books that came really close to making the list: the as-of-now untitled book in the His Fair Assassins series by Robin LaFevers (I’m super jazzed there’s going to be another book in this series), My So-Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma (it seems like a cute romance that somehow incorporates Bollywood movies, and a good read-alike for I Believe In A Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo), From Twinkle, With Love by Sandya Menon (which seems to have a When Dimple Met Rishi-inspired cover, but also seems like another super-cute rom-com), and Dance Of Thieves by Mary E Pearson (because you can’t go wrong with a book set in the same universe as the Remnant Chronicles).
10 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I’m Really Looking Forward To Reading In 2018”
A few of your choices are ones I almost put on my list! I have American Panda from Netgalley, so I’ll need to read that soon– and I’m excited to do so!! I can’t believe I forgot to put Reign of the Fallen on my list! This week’s prompt was so difficult haha.
It was so hard to pick just 10 books! I’m still not sure how I managed to narrow it down…
I was able to read American Panda fairly early and I enjoyed it a lot. I hope you do too. I am looking forward to Shadowsong, Legendary and Love, Hate & Other Filters. They all sounds fantastic!
I hope I enjoy it a lot too! It seems like next year has some pretty interesting books coming out.
I haven’t read Tahereh Mafi ‘shatter me’ series and I still don’t want to. I like her other books – Futhermore & Whichwood a whole lot but I keep reading these reviews saying how shatter me is kind of bad but perhaps I’ll read it sometime in the future just to see.
the other books on your list, I don’t think I’ll be reading those. I guess since there are so many books, that each one of us could choose 10 that other people don’t want to read & that’s okay.
have a lovely day.
I don’t think it’s for everyone, and I really liked it when it came out. My feelings might change if I read them again, since it’s been a while since I’ve read them.
Everyone definitely has their own taste in books, and it’s always fun to see what other people are excited about, even if I personally don’t want to read it. I hope you have a great day, and a happy new year!
Dread Nation made my list as well! I just got an ARC and hope to read it soon.
I hope you like it and get to it soon!
American Panda does remind me a lot of When Dimple Met Rishi, from the cover to the plot (family wanting one thing, protagonist wanting another). But I am excited for it and I hope I`ll enjoy it.
I hope we both enjoy it!