Happy new year! I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year. I spent New Year’s Eve with a friend, and we watched Clue the movie, played a game, and watched the Doctor Who Christmas special. It feels like 2016 went by so fast, and it was an interesting year, to say the least. It felt like so much happened! I thought, instead of just focusing on December, I’d take a look back at the whole year.
This was the year of the crocheted blanket! I made quite a few blankets- I finished three, and I’m still working on another one. Blankets are so easy, and I don’t have to think about what I’m going to work on next, but I also want to work on something different, so maybe I’ll find some other projects to work on. I’m hoping this is the year that I actually make fun hats for NaNo earlier in the year, instead of scrambling to make something in October.
I got quite a few of them! I got the screenplay of Fantastic Beasts as a present, I got the first 2 Iron Fey books on audible, and I bought An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and Sorcerer To The Crown by Zen Cho. I wasn’t sure what to get on Audible, because I have my eye on quite a few new-to-me books. Nothing seemed right, and when I was looking through my wishlist, I noticed the Iron Fey books and decided to get the first 2. They are narrated by one of my favorite narrators, it’s what I’m in the mood for right now.
I also bought A Thousand Boy Wishes by Tillie Cole, and I pre-ordered The Hate U Give and Frostblood with a Barnes and Noble gift card. It was so hard picking which books to get- I had a hard time deciding between 2017 releases, and I have the feeling I’ll be pre-ordering quite a few books this month.
5 Favorite Things I Watched:
- Stranger Things is really good, and one of my favorite new shows!
- Fantastic Beasts was my most anticipated movie this year, and I have three words: erumpet mating dance.
- Deadpool was fun!
- The new Gilmore Girls episodes did not disappoint, and I loved going back to Stars Hollow.
- Finding Dory was adorable.
Fun Things From The Last Year:
- My trip up to Oregon. I went for a cousin’s wedding, and had a great time.
- All of the book events I went to! In particular, the signings for the Welcome To Night Vale scripts, And I Darken by Kiersten White, Imprudence by Gail Carriger and The Beauty Of Darkness by Mary Pearson.
- I had a great time at the midnight release party for HP & The Cursed Child. When Deathly Hallows came out years ago, I never thought we’d get another midnight release party, and it was a nostalgic night but also cool to have another midnight party for a Harry Potter book.
- NaNoWriMo- it’s come and gone, but I wrote at a lot of cool places, and I won. I do want to go back to it at some point this year, hopefully soon. If I wait any longer, I probably won’t go back to it.
Some Cool Things To Check Out:
Dinosaur Tail Feathers! These look so cool!
National Geographic’s 50 Best Images Of The Year.
I have food on the brain today, because I want to make these french toast roll-ups, this Cheesy Beef Enchilada Rice Bake, this chicken parmesan casserole, these Asian Pork Rolls, and Bacon Cheddar Waffles And Chicken.
While we’re at, here some of my favorite links from the last year:
The 100 Most Influential Photos Of All Time
Here are some cool photos of the Northern Lights
One more picture-filled link: 20+ Rare Historic Photos
Anyone want to play Jane Austen Bingo?
I really need to make these crispy chicken thighs again, because they were AMAZING!
And I am so glad I came across this DIY Oatmeal Packet, because I now make my own oatmeal packets instead of buying them from the store. I love oatmeal, and this so much cheaper!
Looking At Last Year’s Resolutions:
To be honest, I’m only doing the non-bookish resolutions, because I’m saving those for another post.
I did not crochet 52 granny squares, and I most certainly did not work on a chevron blanket I have sitting next to me. I also didn’t go out of my way to exercise, and I had a pretty good year. My room is organized enough, though it could probably be a little more organized. And I saved some money, but not as much as I wanted to. I’m still not sure what goals I want to accomplish this year. I have some reading-related goals, but absolutely nothing in terms of stuff that’s not reading-related. If I can come up with something, I’ll be sure to share!
Favorite Picture I Took:
I didn’t take a lot of pictures, but the one below is my favorite. It’s a photo of Mt. Shasta in Northern California.
I thought I’d share a playlist of my favorite songs from the last year! Minus I Don’t Wanna Live Forever, because it’s not on spotify, but it’s one of my favorite songs right now.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and amazing year!
2 thoughts on “Currently Obsessed With: Wrapping Up 2016!”
Great post! Crocheting blankets is my thing too – great to pair with an audio book 🙂
Thanks! I really love crocheting blankets, and audio books are the perfect thing to listen to when I’m crocheting!