Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2016
I’ve read over 100 books this year, and a lot of the authors were completely new to me. Here are my top ten new favorite authors!
- Daniel Jose Older. I know the Book Riot podcast has mentioned him a few times, and I really liked Shadowshaper. I really need to read his other books!
- Jason Reynolds. I loved All-American Boys, and I can’t recommend it enough. I know I have at least one or two of his other books, and I really need to read them.
- Tamara Ireland Stone. Every Last Word was one of the few books I read this year that I was truly excited about. That’s pretty much why she made this last.
- Isabel Quintero. I really liked Gabi, A Girl In Pieces, and if you love The Princess Diaries, this is a really good read-alike.
- Bryn Greenwood. All The Ugly And Wonderful Things was so good, and I wasn’t sure what to think, but it was totally worth reading.
- Alex Gino. If you haven’t read George, you really need to! I’m looking forward to reading more books by Alex Gino!
- Lee Kelly. A Criminal Magic was great, and even though I ended up not finishing City Of Savages, I’d still pick up a book by her!
- A. Cramton. I love her books, and they really make me love contemporary romance!
- Han Kang. The Vegetarian is easily the most bizarre book I’ve read this year, but in a good way! I am totally planning on reading more books by her!
- Yaa Gyasi. I recommend Homegoing, and it’s this really interesting and complex look at the slave trade and how different it was for the two families involved.
4 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2016”
So many on your list are on my TBR pile. I need to get to reading them, I guess. Here is a link to my TTT: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me-authors/
I hope you get to read them soon!
I haven’t read books by any of these authors! I definitely want to check them out though! Especially Bryn Greenwood’s “All The Ugly And Wonderful Things” – it has been on my TBR list since forever. I really want to read it in 2017.
All The Ugly And Wonderful Things is so good! I hope you get to read it next year!