Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR
I really like this topic because it means I get to revisit some of the books I’ve recently decided I needed to read. All links go to goodreads!
- Lez Talk: A Collection of Black Lesbian Short Fiction, edited by S. Andrea Allen and Lauren Cherelle. I came across this book on a blog I read, and it sounds amazing!
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone. This book sounds like it’s Love Letters To The Dead meets All-American Boys, and I can’t wait to read it when it comes out next year. (Cover not pictured- it’s not available yet).
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas. It’s inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, and it looks really good (and also worth checking out).
- Girl In Between by Pintip Dunn. This looks like a really good mystery about secrets and trying to fit in.
- It’s Not Like It’s A Secret by Misa Sugiera. Unraveling secrets fascinate me and this one looks good!
- Flame In The Mist by Renee Ahdieh. I love the cover, and you have political marriages and samurai and betrayal and it sound amazing!
- Empress Of A Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza. It’s set in space, and that’s always cool. And warring planets is somehow more interesting than warring kingdoms. I don’t know why.
- Thunder & Lightning: Weather Past, Present, Future by Lauren Redniss. It’s about the weather and how it’s changed and and it takes you all over the world. I think it sounds really cool, but that could be just me.
- So The Path Does Not Die by Pede Hollist. This book, for some reason, seems like a good read for anyone who likes Nnedi Okorafor and Chimamanda Adichie, and I don’t know why. But I’m really glad I came across this book because it looks really good.
- Beyond The Horizon by Amma Darko. This book caught my interest because it’s about a woman who travels to Germany, only to find out that she was betrayed by her husband and is forced into prostitution.
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I’ve Added To My TBR Recently”
I love how diverse your choices are. There are a few here I’ve never heard of so thanks for bringing them to my attention! I’ve already bought one thanks to this list.
Thanks! I was definitely trying to go for more diverse, and I’m glad you found some new ones to check out!