Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Character Names I’d Use If I Changed My Name
I really love names, and I don’t know why, but I’ve always wondered what it would be like to pick my own name. And naming characters is one of my favorite things about writing. If I did change my name, here are my top choices.
- Hermione from Harry Potter. I love Hermione and she’s one of my favorite characters of all time, so naturally, I’d want to have Hermione as my name.
- Aria from Pretty Little Liars and Under The Never Sky. I don’t know why I like it, but I do. It’s pretty and different.
- Seraphina, from Wander Dust by Michelle Warren. I LOVE this name. It’s pretty and different and sort of old-timey.
- Scarlet from The Lunar Chronicles. I don’t know if I’m necessarily a Scarlet, but that’s not going to stop me from loving the name.
- Eadlyn from The Selection series. I might not be the biggest fan of Eadlyn (the character), but she does have a really great name.
- Willow from Dream Chaser by Angie Stanton. I sort of like nature names, and Willow is really pretty.
- Rowan from Me Since You by Laura Weiss. Speaking of nature names, Rowan is a pretty name. I fell in love with the name after reading the book.
- Ellie from Guardian Of The Dead by Karen Healey. Like most of the names on my list, I really like the name, even if I don’t know why I like it so much.
- Livie from One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker. I was reminded of myself, at least a little bit, and I think maybe that’s why I like the name. Well, the one reason I can actually identify.
- Luna from Harry Potter. Luna is another one of my favorite Harry Potter characters (and all-time favorite characters when you take all books into consideration), and I would be honored to have her name.