Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten ALL-TIME Favorite YA Contemporary Books
I love YA Contemporary so much. It’s one of all-time favorite genres, and it’s going to be hard narrowing it down, because there are so many books in this genre that I love. Clicking on the titles will take you to Goodreads!
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown. I haven’t talked about this one in a long time, and it’s also been a while since I’ve read it. I cried- a lot- but there were times where I could relate to Valerie a lot.
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. I loved seeing Elise find something she loved, and even more, I loved seeing her start over.
- Lovely, Dark And Deep by Amy McNamara. This book is beautiful and poetic and I was still crying for a good 5 minutes after finishing the book.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I related to Cath so much, and the book described my life as a Harry Potter fan disturbingly well.
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. I love the entire series, but I have a soft spot for the first book. Partly because it’s why I love the series so much, but it made me feel so nostalgic for summer and growing up.
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. It made me laugh and cry and it is such a great look at how people deal with loss and grief. It’s hard not to love this book.
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone. This is one of my favorites, because not only do we see a girl who is dealing with OCD, but we see her in treatment for it, which seems really rare in YA.
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I am reminded of how long it’s been since I’ve read this book, so maybe I’ll end up re-reading it soon. But it’s the perfect summer book, and I just love the Garrett family.
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I cannot read this book without crying (and it seems to get worse every single time I do), but I love it anyway. And if I know I need a good cry, this is one of my go-to books.
- Me Since You by Laura Weiss. It’s amazing how much one decision can change everything, and this book is proof of that. My heart broke for Rowan.
- Basically anything by Laurie Halse Anderson. I can’t pick just one, because her books so amazing, but I love reading her books. As far as I’m concerned, her books are YA classics (especially Speak).
- Stephanie Perkins. Okay, so maybe she’s a person, but there is no way I’m picking between Isla and Anna. I refuse to do it. I absolutely refuse, and she is an author who can do no wrong.
- Jessi Kirby. I’ve loved Jessi Kirby ever since I read In Honor, and I’ve been a huge fan since. I really love her books.
9 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten ALL-TIME Favorite YA Contemporary Books”
I’ve only ever read 2 of these, but I definitely want to read the jenny Han books at some point hhe 😀 http://www.curious-daisy.com/top-ten-tuesday/top-10-all-time-favorite-books/
I love Jenny Han, and I hope you get to read her soon!
Nice list! There’s a lot of great books on here. I’m also going to have to add The Sky is Everywhere to my ‘to read’, because it seems like it’s a very beloved book.
I really recommend The Sky Is Everywhere, and I hope you like it!
Great Top Ten! You have SO many great books on here! I think this is the first time I’ve come across a person who has also read Lovely Dark and Deep! Loved it! 😀 My Top Ten Tuesday!
Lovely, Dark And Deep deserves a lot more attention!
It sure does! 😀
It’s always good to see Speak on these lists – such an important book.
It really is an important book!