Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Audio Books
It’s a freebie week, which means we get to pick the topic of our choice! I listen to audio books very infrequently, but it’s also a format I really like so I thought I’d share my top ten reasons for why I love audio books!
- It makes my commute more tolerable. I hate traffic, and even though I tend to go between music, podcasts and the occasional audio book, I find that my commute is somehow a little bit better when I’m absorbed in a book.
- It also makes my work-day go by faster! When I actually listen at work, which I haven’t done in ages because all of a sudden, I had a hard time focusing on audio books. Still, it’s a good option!
- Sometimes, a book doesn’t work in print, but it’s great as an audio book. I had a hard time with the Parasol Protectorate series when I tried reading it, but I love the audio books. And so far, I’m finding that I’m having an easier time with Daughter Of Smoke And Bone as an audio book than I did when I was reading it.
- I like that I have options with where I can get audio books- there’s the library and audible (which I love) and audio book sync is also completely awesome.
- Also: cd’s are nice for when I just want to listen in my car, but at the same time, I love that I can put my audio books on my iPod for when I want to listen in multiple places.
- I’ve specifically gone for the audio book when it’s by a narrator I really like. I loved Ariana Delawari’s narration of The Secret Sky, and that’s what made me switch to the audio book for The Wrath And The Dawn. And I specifically gave Daughter Of Smoke And Bone another chance because it’s narrated by Khristine Hvam, who was the female narrator for both the Beautiful Creatures series and the Dangerous Creatures series.
- Plus, I’m more willing to listen to check out an audio book if it’s narrated by someone I really like, even if it’s not in a genre/category I’d typically read. I generally don’t do non-fiction on audio, but I know Edward Herrmann has narrated some non-fiction, and I’d check that out in a heartbeat.
- They’re great for when I can’t decide if I want to read or crochet, and audio books let me do both!
- It’s story time! Seriously, sometimes I just need someone reading to me.
- And narrators can definitely make a great book better. I think one reason why I love a handful of audio books so much is because of the narrator, or because the story was meant to be listened to (or, at the very least, better suited for an audio format).
12 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday Freebie: Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Audio Books”
I’m a recent audio book convert and am disappointed I didn’t start sooner. I love the feeling of someone reading to me too!
It’s definitely nice having someone read to you!
I am a new fan of Audible and can’t believe I didn’t start listening to books earlier! II love that it makes chores more bearable and that I can craft and paint without feeling guilty – My TBR is constantly whispering that it’s getting bigger not smaller!
They definitely make chores more bearable, and I love that I can combine crafts and reading!
I haven’t listened to many audiobooks, but I’m trying to read more that way. I’ve heard of people listening to audiobooks and coloring at the same time and that sounds like it would be awesome! I love to color and I love to read, so combining them would be great. Great list! Here’s mine. Happy reading!
I haven’t heard of people coloring while listening, but it sounds awesome!
This has really made me want to try audio books, I’ve been meaning to for ages but just never have!
Audio books are totally worth trying out!
Audiobooks are just awesome hehhe. Happy reading! http://www.curious-daisy.com/top-ten-tuesday/ten-booktubers-you-should-follow/
They really are awesome!
My TTT a few weeks ago was on this same topic and many of my points were the same. I really wish I could listen at work however, but it’s not allowed.
Good Audiobooks Make Everything Better
I used to listen a lot at work, but not so much anymore, since I’m sitting at a different desk, where I get much more distracted 🙂 Work is a great place, if you can manage it.