Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year
It’s always fun to do a post about new releases that come out during the 2nd half of the year, because when I do this at the beginning of the year, it’s so easy to focus on stuff that’s coming out the first few months. These books are the releases I’m really looking forward to reading! Clicking on the title will take you to Goodreads!
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer. I love the Lunar Chronicles, and I can’t wait to read this one because it’s an Alice In Wonderland re-telling, and she did such an amazing job re-telling fairy tales that I know it’s going to be just as good as her other books.
- Empire Of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. I still need to read Queen Of Shadows, but I know I’ll have it read by the time Empire Of Storms comes out!
- The Beauty Of Darkness by Mary Pearson. The Heart Of Betrayal is even better than The Kiss Of Deception, in my opinion, so I can’t wait to see how this series comes to an end.
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child script!!!! I am so insanely excited about this it isn’t even funny. I’m normally not a big fan of reading plays, but this is one time I’m more than willing to make an exception!
- Paper And Fire by Rachel Caine. I love the idea of the library of Alexandria being set in a steampunk world where personally owning books is forbidden, and I can’t wait to see what happens next.
- The Reader by Traci Chee. I’m excited about this book, mostly because I really like the idea of books being unheard of in this society,
- Imprudence by Gail Carriger. I just love Gail Carriger, and I can’t wait to see more of Prudence’s adventures.
- Red Hot Rain by Rachel Caine. Ever since I found out another Weather Warden book was coming out, I’ve been looking forward to reading it!
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, and Brodi Ashton. I haven’t read anything by Brodi Ashton, but I am a huge fan of Cynthia Hand and Jodi Meadows, and that’s why I’m really excited about their take on Lady Jane Grey.
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova. I’m looking forward to this book because magic goes wrong at Alex’s Deathday Celebration, and I love the idea of fantasy that draws from Latin America.
31 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Next 6 Months”
I have an ARC of My Lady Jane, and was just giving it the side-eye the other day. I’m thinking I should move that up on my TBR list. It does sound awesome!
TTT @ Krista’s Dust Jacket
It does! My Lady Jane seems really popular today!
Gosh, yes, the first for on this list, straight, are going to be so amazing! I also have heard wonderful things about my lady jane, so that should be really exciting as well! great list 🙂
here’s my TTT!
My Lady Jane looks so good, and I’m hoping I like as much as everyone else does!
This reminds me that I’ve yet to preorder The Cursed Child….I was hoping the price might go down a little if i wait honestly hehe. I’ve put a twist to my post this week. Check it out here http://www.curious-daisy.com/top-ten-tuesday/ten-book-releases-im-looking-forward-to/ Happy reading!!
I was hoping the price would go down- not that it matters to me, since i’ve pre-ordered a copy already, but still…I’m excited about it!
My Lady Jane has been on my radar for a long while. I have a copy of Labyrinth Lost and really need to read it soon. I’ve heard some really great things about it. 🙂
I haven’t heard anything about Labyrinth Lost, but I’m glad people are saying great things about it! It seems like the people who have read My Lady Jane really like it so far.
A lot of these are on my list too, but this is the first I’m reading about The Reader, and now I must read it!
The Reader sounds really good!
I’m so excited for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child too! I do wish it was in a typical story format as opposed to a script but I’ll take what I can get 😀
My TTT 🙂
I wish it were a traditional novel too, but I’ll happily take Harry Potter in whatever form it comes in!
i really want to read My Lady Jane too! My TTT
My Lady Jane is a pretty popular choice today, so it’ll be interesting to see what everyone thinks of it when it comes out!
Oh I totally forgot about the Reader when I made my list! That looks SO good!
It does look good! I can’t wait to read it when it comes out!
Big yes to Heartless. Labyrinth Lost made my list too 🙂 https://lipsyy.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-anticipated-readstbr-this-summer-ttt-summerreads/
Labyrinth Lost looks really good! As does Heartless.
I’m excited for HEARTLESS and the new H.P. book as well. I actually just got a review copy of PAPER AND INK the other day. Yay!
It seems like a lot of people are excited about the new HP book! And Heartless!
Okay we have loads of these in common, The Cursed Child, Heartless, Empire of Storms, Paper and Fire and The Reader were all on my list this week too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-61/
Heartless seemed to be really popular this week! I know I saw the Cursed Child on a lot of lists, but for some reason it wasn’t as popular as I thought it would be!
It really is! No me either! I guess maybe because it’s a script and not an actual book?
Awesome list! I’m really looking forward to Harry Potter too!
thanks! I’m glad I’m not the only one looking forward to Harry Potter!
Yeah! Harry Potter’s fantastic!
Pingback: Commenting 365 Challenge Update #5 | Rabbit Ears Productions Blog
Pingback: Commenting 365 Challenge Update #6 | Rabbit Ears Productions Blog
I’m excited for My Lady Jane, too. I have it on my Kindle waiting for me.
I hope you like it!