Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Resolutions For 2016
This is the first time I’ve really thought about resolutions and goals for this year, and some are things I’ve wanted to do in previous years, while others are new goals!
- Keep reading diversely. This year, I’m aiming for 3-5 books a month- on average, I read just under 6 books a month last year, so I know I can do it!
- Actually, I just want to get back into reading. I’ve had a weird reading slump, and yesterday was the first day I picked up a book in over a month. It’s good to be reading, but for now, I’ll probably ease my way into it.
- Read the e-books I have. I feel like I say this every year and never do, but this year, I really want to!
- I’ve decided to not set a goal for total number of books read this year. I’ve done the Goodreads challenge for the last few years, but this year, I’ve decided to not do it. I’m just not feeling a number, and I sort of want to focus on reading different things, because sometimes I feel like I’m too focused on how many books I’m reading and not enough on reading cool, interesting books.
- Save more money! I’m saving, but not as much as I could be, so that will definitely be more of a focus this year.
- The traditional exercise more. I sit way too much, and even if I only do 10 minutes a day, it’s better than nothing. Eventually, it’ll get easier!
- Actually keep my room organized. I mentioned this the other day, and I’d really like to stay organized so I don’t find myself randomly organizing my room every few years.
- Have an awesome year. This is my year, I can feel it.
- Make decent progress on a ripple blanket I’ve been working on for several years. I work on it for a while, and then I either get distracted by some other project, or I want to work on it, but it’s, like, 90 degrees out so I don’t work on it.
- Do 52 granny squares! That’s going to be my project for the year, one granny square a week.