Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers share their own bookish top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can check out Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I Want To Read This Summer
It’s summer! Of course, a big part of my plans for summer include reading, and these are the books I’m hoping to read!
- Dangerous Deception by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I really liked the first book, and I loved the Beautiful Creatures series, and I’m looking forward to listening to this one.
- Shadow Study by Maria Snyder. I loved her Study series (and really liked her Glass series set in the same world) so I’m glad there’s another series focusing on Valek and Yelena and I can’t wait to listen to what’s going on with them.
- Fruits Basket. I’ve been meaning to finish this series, and I’m pretty sure the library has it, which is good since it doesn’t seem like I’m able to buy the rest of the series. At least, it didn’t seem to be in print when I checked I don’t know how long ago, but maybe that’s changed? Anyway, I am totally finishing it this summer.
- City Of A Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster. I’ve been wanting to read this one for a while, and I will totally listen to it this summer. I think it’s going to be an audio book summer, because I have quite a few I want to listen to. Like this one.
- Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs. I’ve meaning to finish this series for a while. How can you not want to read a Medusa re-telling?
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. I loved her Incarnate series, and I’m looking forward to this one.
- The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand. Her Unearthly series is one of my favorites, and I’m looking forward to reading this one, even though I’m positive I’m going to cry, but that’s okay, because I know I need at least one book that’ll cause me to cry.
- Second Hearts by G.J. Walker-Smith. I read the first book a while ago, and really liked it, but never picked up any of the other books (I also didn’t realize it was at six books, so I’ll have plenty to catch up on) and I’ll have to re-read the first one, but that’s okay with me.
- Renegade by Cambria Hebert. I re-read the first 3 books, and I really want to finish the series.
- Packing For Mars by Mary Roach. I’ve listened to a few of her other books, and I really want to read it, because I know it’ll be funny and interesting and I’ll definitely learn something interesting.
- The Heart Of Betrayal by Mary Pearson. I loved The Kiss Of Deception, and I am so excited about the 2nd book. Like super-excited.
8 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Want To Read This Summer”
The Last Time We Say Goodbye is really good, and if you are looking for a book that will make you cry you have found the right one. It’s so sad! I want to continue the Beautiful Creatures series as well; so far I’ve only read the first book, but I really enjoyed it.
the more i read in Beautiful Creatures, the more I liked it!
Good to know! I’m looking forward to continue the series soon…
I haven’t read any of these, but several of them are on my TBR pile already. I especially want to get to Maria Snyder’s series.
I’m super excited about Heart of Betrayal, too!!! I completely forgot to add it to my list because it hasn’t come out yet. I can’t think about it too much or I’ll want it now when there’s a ton of other books to occupy my time.
I definitely want it now, but at least I’ll have plenty of other books to keep me busy 🙂
I still haven’t read Orphan Queen either! I’ve heard pretty good things about it, though, so I want to get to it eventually… so many books. My TBR pile is more like a TBR mountain at the moment.
My TBR pile is more like a TBR mountain too, and I’m excited about reading Orphan Queen!