Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read
Books that I will probably never read…I never really thought about it, but with as much as I read, and as huge as my TBR list is, there are books I will probably never get to. Which makes me sad, but that’s how it goes.
- Pretty much anything by Sarah Dessen. I’ve tried a few of her books, but only got a few pages in before I had to DNF it.
- Dear Mr. Potter. I want to read it, but it would appear that copies are no longer being sold. Which is sad, because I’d love to read it.
- Days Of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor. This is another one I want to read, but every single time I try, I can’t get into it. Maybe one of these days I’ll actually be able to finish it.
- 50 Shades, which I want to form my own opinion on…but every time I think about it, I start feeling guilty about wanting to read it.
- Feathermore by Lucy Swing. I’ve had this book (and the second one) for a while, but I really can’t see myself getting to it anytime soon.
- Whisper Of Light/Circle Of Light by Jennifer DeLucy. I liked the first one, but it was a little too philosophical for me, and I can’t see myself finishing it.
- Suppressed by Kira Saito. Overall, I like the series, but at this point, I’m not sure if I care enough to keep reading.
- Princess Diaries. For the same reasons as the Arelia LaRue series…I like it, I just don’t know if I care enough to keep reading…even though I only have the last couple of books to go.
- Fruits Basket. I want to finish it up, but when I tried to find the last 9, it looked like they were out of print. But that was a few years ago, so maybe they’re back in print now.
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I have all of them, but I’m finding it hard to read anything by Cassandra Clare right now…I feel overwhelmed and slightly irritated by all of the Shadowhunter books, and it’s enough to make me not want to read this series, even though it looks awesome.
14 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read”
I hear so many great things about Infernal Devices and I want to read them but every time I try I’m just, Ugh. I agree there is way too much shadow hunter stuff out there. And the last book in The Mortal Instruments have spoilers for Infernal Devices so I’m not sure it’s worth the time.
I wasn’t really bothered by the spoilers, but I don’t know if I’m invested in the world to read them
I tried the immortal series (I think that’s what it’s called?) anyway had to Dnf and move on some books are just like that and for dear mr potter try your local library 🙂
i will definitely have to try the library, but i think it was a limited run, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t have it. but you never know!
I had 50 Shades on my list today. I also had The Mortal Instruments series. Princess Diaries is okay, but if you didn’t like the books that much, it’s probably not worth finishing.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/
I liked the princess diaries, but i felt like they were just the same thing after a while
I agree with Fifty Shades of Grey. Those books have made many people’s list today.
I’m actually not surprised by that!
Great list. It’s good to know that I’m not the only one who can’t get interested in Sarah Dessen’s books.
It’s good to know I’m not the only one!
Wow. I checked all of the resources I know of for getting hard to find books for a copy of Dear Mr. Potter — and it just doesn’t seem to be available for purchase (I even struck out on eBay!). Also, it is not held by any of the local libraries. It must have been printed in a very limited run!
I think so! If there’s anyone who hunt down a copy, it would be you!
I have 50 shades on my list as well. I am a huge Sarah Dessen fan but I have to agree, her last couple books I only finished because I felt like I had to. Great list!
Tina, The Bookworm
I’m pretty sure 50 shades is going to be a popular one today. and I know people love Sarah Dessen, but I couldn’t get far enough into her books to know why.